Re: Extreme II Mac Support

[ Edited ]

Sorry, this forum crashed before I could finish properly editing my last post (prior page).

I've just come back now but it seems the editing time has elapsed, I'll submit a clearer one later.

[ Edited ]

I installed an Extreme II & despite my fears* the SATA II controller didn't handshake to 1.5G, it's connected @3G & I'm noticing a BIG difference.

Can anyone recommend some excellent SSD analysis/diag. & benchmark sw for OS X & Windows?

(I'll be installing the latter on the same machine soon)
Once Windows is installed I'll install the drive's management software, which looks quite interesting...

My fears that it won't fit firmly because of it's slightly smaller form-factor (which has been an issue on some Macs) were also unfounded.
With the spacer, the anti-static pads/stickers**, & thermo sensor (repositioned slightly -not sure if it's the best spot), it was a very snug fit!

Cheers
*& contrary to Sandisk's claims
**which in hindsight I probably didn't need to place on the SSD after removing them from the HDD

In looking at your thread, you went ahead ans purchased anyways and it worked well?

I ask because i am considering the SSD extreme II for my late 2008 macbook and notice i have the reference MCP79

will this Sandisk SSD: SDSSDXP-480G-G25 fit and work in my 2008 unibody macbook?

2008 Macbook 13-inch, aluminim

2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8GB 1067 MHZ DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Thanks

Dana

[ Edited ]

Worked for me, can't say with certainty it'll work for you, at a very quick/superficial look I don't see why not.