Extreme II Mac Support

You need to relax. You think I haven’t done heaps of research/Googling? Of course I have…

That’s precisely why your assertion that it’ll throttle down to 1.5G with any 6G drive period was confusing to me.

Sure I’ve come across the odd drive that does do that, but at the same time it also seems to be fine with others.

That casts doubt on your assertion that the problem is “solely” due to the controller…

So, naturally I’m going to be confused or question your claim when it conflicts with what’s out there.

My frustrations aren’t directed at any “volunteers” here, they’re laid solely at the feet of Sandisk personnel,

with whom I’ve been in a dialogue with since before I posted here last Friday afternoon (AustEST).

Had I gotten a clear-cut answer long ago*, I could’ve avoided ordering a drive that’s massive overkill for 1.5G,

alas it’s too late to cancel now, I’ve no choice but to test it once it arrives, & return it if it does indeed stick to 1.5G.

I may not even bother with returning it, we won’t have this Mac for any longer than 12mth (probably less), whereupon it’ll be sold, so the drive can always be salvaged & reused I guess, still a complete PIA though.

*not a guess, but rather a genuine confirmation (based on lab testing) that it runs at 1.5 or 3G