failed to transfer files from android to wireless stick

hi everyone

i need some help…

i have recently bought the wireless stick 128 GB

seems great… 

i use it from my android phone (galaxy note 4, android 6.0.1 rooted)

i have installed the connect app from the store

connexion seems ok via the app and a little bit erratic when usig es explorer app

i began to transfer files from my phone… one or two videos… transfer ok…

was very happy!!

but, rapidly, some files failed to transfer from my phone to the stick… failed operation with es explorer, and with the connect app…

i tried also to transfer some photos from my phone to the stick… via the connect app

some photo do transfer correctly ant others absolutely not! don’t know why???

i haven’t tried much type of files yet but i don’t understand why simple transfer does not always succeed correctly

videos files do not have excessive size (700 MB) and photos had nothing particular

tried to put 4.1 firmware update from the pc

ejected correctly

don’know if it worked but update file was not at the root of the stick when i reconnected it

tried again after firmware update

same files failed again

stick is correctly charged

someone has an idea??

should i ask for exchange??

thx for your help

do you consistently have issues with the same files? If so the file themselves may be the problem. I would suggest transferring known good data to the phone and see if all of the data can be transferred without issue. if so you may have some issues with some of the data. 

you can say that files that don’t want to transfer one time won’t transfer if i try again…

i thought indeed the files may be the problem, but for the videos, i can read them without any pb on my phone… i can copy, cut paste etc…if i connect my phone to a pc… no problem…

in fact i have no prob with these files except with my wireless stick!!

same for the photos that don’t transfer…

may be you can say my vids where downloaded and corrupted… (but they would have some error message when i am manipulating them…and they don’t…) but my photos i took with my phone???

seems weird…

Yea that is a weird issue. MAybe you can try backing up the data and formatting the drive. Copy back the data and try again. If the same issue occurs maybe contact sandisk support and see about warranty replacement. could be a bad drive. 

thx for answering guys :smiley:

ok i am going to do this way… and i’ll tell you what…

hope it’s not my marshmallow going wrong…

i’ll try to transfer the files on my tablet… and try to upload the datas on my disk from the tablet… i’ll see this way if it’s my phone or the stick that is going wrong…

little question…

do i have to format in exFat or is it possible to format in NTFS?

do i have to reinstall the firmware after reformatting?

NTFS cannot be used. 

If you have a 32GB or smaller you must use FAT32

If you have 64GB or larger you can use exFAT or FAT32

No formatting only erases the memory. The FW is stored in the contoller and formatting will not require FW reload. 

ahhh… i read this too late…lol

so i tried NTFS complete format… indeed, does’nt work…

reformat fully in exFat… i put the firmware in case it was needed… the key correctly deleted it after using it i suppose…

tried to upload my files again from my phone… no way!! transfer failed… grrr

then i transferred on my problematic files via direct wifi onto my tablet… so far so good…

then tried to connect my 128 GB stick from my tablet and upload the file on the stick…

and… it works!!!

so, the problem is not (i suppose) frome the stick, but comes from my phone (galaxy note 4 rooted with marshmallow)

my tablet has a 5.1 android version…

the question is : how to fix my phone???

i could reinstall a custom rom but it’s a lot of work actually…

it seems the phone does not connect correctly or does not communicate correctly with the stick… i suppose it is why the data transfer does not occur correctly… even some photos don’t transfer correctly…

if someone has a brillant idea, i will take it with a great pleasure! 

:smiley:

hi… here are the last news

i tried to wipe the cache from my phone… no effect

tried to reset the network datas… no effect

tried to transfer files with es explorer… no way again…

i says : copy task failed

and the destination is the following one: webdav://172.25.63.1/files/films/

except that the “films” directory is at the root of the key… i dont have “files” directory and films as subdir… normal or not?

tried to create a files directory and transfer to root of the stick… still failed…

NB: 

i connect to the key via wifi on my phone, select the key, then go to es explorer and see the key when selecting network, in the section FTP

if it can be useful

am i doing something wrong??

am i the only one to have this kind of problem???

Have you tried airdroid an transfer app for Android, or you can download programs that support transfer files wirelessly to PC like this.

Have you tried airdroid an transfer app for Android, or you can download programs that support transfer files wirelessly to PC like this.

You may try files transfer program,it will gelp you transfer files between easily.After my test,Coolmuster is a great choice.

@magiclife wrote:

you can say that files that don’t want to transfer one time won’t transfer if i try again…

i thought indeed the files may be the problem, but for the videos, i can read them without any pb on my phone… i can copy, cut paste etc…if i connect my phone to a pc… no problem…

may be you can say my vids where downloaded and corrupted… (but they would have some error message when i am manipulating them…and they don’t…) but my photos i took with my phone???

seems weird…

@britany wrote:

@magiclife wrote:

i thought indeed the files may be the problem, Xender Discord Omegle  but for the videos, i can read them without any pb on my phone… i can copy, cut paste etc…if i connect my phone to a pc… no problem…

seems weird…