SanDisk Guru

Re: Wireless stick continuously disconnects on USB

using the iOS or android app in settings what FW version does it say you have?

Android app shows 3.4.2 (A02S 1105)

Hi guys,

I have the same problem & I think it started after last Windsows 10 creators edition update (Windows Home x64).

I own a Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive 32GB (with the latest firmware) which after insertion to any USB port keeps connecting & disconnecting every 5-10 secs.

It works just fine to my laptop which doesn't have the Creators edirtion.

The USB ports works with any other USB device (external drives, flash drives, printers).

The SanDisk drive although it appears & disappears from device manager (every 5-10 secs) it never appears to My Computer devices (File Explorer), so I can't perform any operation with it.

I reinstalled the latest firmware update & formatted the flash disk using my laptop but the problem remains.

My motherboard is a Asus Crosshair II with nVidia nForce 780a SLI chipset.

There are no chipset drivers for Windows 10 to re-install just in case something went wrong with the USB drivers during Creators edition update.

Any ideas?

my issue is a little different- i do not have the Windows 10 creators update and my device does appear under My Computer so i am able to access the data on the device.

Hi,

You are right! Sandisk flash drive does the same thing on my laptop as yours but at least it is functional!

On the contrary, on my desktop PC whic runs Creators Edition doesn't appear at all on File Explorer. Not functional!

Keep googling...

SanDisk Guru

FW version 3.4.2 is a Wireless Flash Drive not a Wireless Stick. The Wireless Flash Drive is the older now obsolete version of the Connect product line. I contacted SanDisk support and there is a computability's issue with the latest Windows 10 creators update. This issue will unfortunately not be fixed as the Wireless Flash Drive is an obsolete product and only officially supports up to Windows 8.  

thanks, i bought a wireless stick, didn't realize the flash drive was that old.. does the stick allow wireless access while it's connected to a usb port?  ie, can you have it plugged into a computer and add/remove files wirelessly at the same time?

SanDisk Guru

no the controller only supports a single access to the memory at a time. either MSC or wireless. You can connect it to a ac charger and charge it and also connect wirelessly but if it is connected to a computer it mounts as MSC and you cannot connect wirelessly. 

I've just come back to use my 64GB wireless connect after a few months, it appears to have charge in it but I'm not convinced. I also am having the same problem with it dropping off USB. On my personal windows 10 creators machine (core I5 vaio trying in both USB2 and USB3 ports) it is detected and "ejects" before I can even interrogate it.

I've brought it into work to test on a Lenovo thinkpad also windows 10 but not creators, and it is visible but after 10-15 minutes it "ejects" itself and then a few minutes later redetects and opens in explorer.

I tried it in the PC as it was consistently dropping connections with my phone on wireless, but as I have a new phone I'm not sure that was connected.

I've had the device a coupel of years now and up until this occasion it's been fine every time I've used it. My last use was on my older phone about 4 months ago.

SanDisk Guru

if you have had it for a few years you probably have the older version the Wireless Flash Drive. 

kb-sub-wireless-flashdrive.gif

If this is the drive you have it is not compatible with Win 10. Only officailly supported up to 8. There is a new version of this drive the Wireless Stick. It is compatible with Win 10.