Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Using wifi streaming and USB transfer simultaneously

Hello

I want to write files to this wireless stick from a PC connected via USB and at same time wireless stick is streaming another file to some other device.  Is this use case scenario possible in this product ?

Thanks

SanDisk Professor

Re: Using wifi streaming and USB transfer simultaneously

Hello,

Yes this feature for now is possible when you connect the wireless tick to the pc via usb and then use a ios device to access it wirelessly and access the files with the app. Unfortunatelly it is not working while plugged on the usb port with an android device.

Good Luck

#Missing the keyboard? Press F1 for help#
SanDisk Guru

No this is not actually possible. MSC access (USB connected to PC) and wireless access to the storage cannot be simultaneously accessed. If the drive is connected via MSC you will not be able to stream wirelessly from the Wireless stick. 

Hello, what about the opposite of this scenario? I have a projector and would like to watch movies from the projector using the stick via USB and also write to the stick via wifi. Is this possible?

SanDisk Guru

no, you cannot access via USB and wireless at the same time. 

Hi Patacee,

Have you found any solution to this problem? I'm trying to solve the problem of displaying an image (or video) on a TV through the built in usb media player and have it connected to wifi and mapped as a network drive for easy file transfer.

There is seriously nothing on the market for this!!!