Invalid folder name/no memory available?

I just received my Sandisk 128 GB wireless stick today in the mail and I was excited to get started.

I use an iPad mini first gen and just updated the software to iOS 9.  In the Sandisk Connect app, when I attempt to upload photos to the app and I attempt to create a new folder to hold those files (because there are no folders available), I get an error message saying “Invalid folder name.  Please try again.”

Therefore, I tried just clicking on the red “Copy Here” button instead of selecting a folder, and received the error message saying, “There is not enough space on the Drive for the items you have selected.” I literally selected ONE picture.

The memory on this drive is completely empty.  While plugged into my PC, the drive folder shows as empty (including any hidden files).  But in the app, there’s apparently no room.

I have scoured the user manual as well as the manufacturer’s website to no avail.  I’m beginning to think this is a lost cause.

Thanks in advance for your help.

some special characters or spaces can sometimes give you the invalid file name error. Try taking any of those out when creating a folder. 

For the not enough space error. When it is connected to a computer check the file system. It should be in exFAT for the 128GB drive. Try reformating the drive using exFAT file system. Once that is done try adding a file from the computer to make sure it is working. If the format completes and data can be added using the computer then it should work in the app as well. 

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response!

Unfortunately, I had already tried the things you suggested. I even put one plain letter as the title, and that did not help.  I even formatted it to the specifications you mentioned, but that didn’t work either.

I have a feeling it was just a defective product.  That’s alright.  I went ahead and returned it already…and I’ll be getting a new one later.

Easy answer, unplug the stick from your computer. You can only transfer files through bluetooth from your phone to your stick when it is detached from the computer. You only plug into the computer to charge it and to view/manage files.