Few things that could make this device amazing.

@simonpickard wrote:

Hi,

I really like my new Sandisk Connect 200GB drive.

However there are a few things that I can’t seem to get to work, or are missing, any tips would be amazing.

1. Encryption. Is there really no way to protect the drive? I’m on a MAC using OSX. If I format as with the Mac encrypted file system will the wireless side work? Seems to be exFat at the moment.

the connect drive does not support encryption. the only file system that can be used is exFAT on the 200GB drive. drives 32GB and smaller use FAT32

1. Folders. Are you really telling me via the web page to transfer files I can’t upload a folder?!

the web interface has limited functionality. uploading folders is not supported. For folder upload use direct USB connection. 

1. iCloud. On iOS the app doesn’t seem to have any link to iCloud drive is that right?

photos stored in icloud and synced with icloud photo library can also be transfered to the connect drive but there is no other icloud integration. 

1. Mounting. Is there no way to turn wireless on. Then mount the drive as an actual drive? I’ve read you can, but it’s read only. WHY?!

The controller only supports MSC or wireless one at a time. if it is mounted as a MSC device (connected via USB) wifi is not accessible. This is a hardware limitation. If you are referering to mapping it as a network drive this is also not a supported feature. 

Any help with these questions could be great. They all seem like really basic features that are standard on every other USB stick.

Regards,

Simon