App says "SD Card Unsupported" and "Read-Only SD Card."

When I try to wirelessly access my 64GB connect drive, using the App, I receive a red error message at the top that says “SD Card Unsupported”. It gives me the option to touch a “refresh”-like icon. When I do, it says “Read-Only SD Card.” It will not allow me to change any settings on the drive, nor can I view any of the contents. 

If I attempt to connect to the drive with my computer, the web browser simply says that it cannot connect to the page.

When drive is connected to my computer, I can read and write files perfectly fine, it mounts immediately, and storage information shows up in the Disk Management window in Windows. It acts just as normally as a flash drive would.

The wireless network does show up properly, both my computer and phone are able to connect to the wireless network. However, neither are able to read/write/access the drive.

The App also only shows the battery level. It won’t show my phone’s storage space nor will it show the space remaining on the drive.

Edit: It also just started doing something really weird. After being plugged into my computer for ~10 minutes, the light started flashing rapidly and would act as if it were being unplugged and plugged back into the computer for about 15 seconds. Then it stopped. After 10 more seconds, it started doing it again. 15 seconds later, it went back to normal and hasn’t done anything since.

Try doing a hardware reset on the stick see if that helps. If not you can try reloading the FW. If you are still seeing similar issues try formatting the drive using a windows computer. Use the file system exFAT. If all that fails to resolve the issue it would probably need to be replaced. Contact sandisk support to check warranty status. 

Had this exact same issue happen to me and I was about to give up, but finally had a breakthrough, so I made an account just to post this.

Format the Wireless Stick using the “HPUSBDisk” Tool:

http://filehippo.com/download_hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool/

Just select your drive, select “Fat32” as the filesystem type, uncheck “quick format”, and click “start”

Allow the format process to complete and you should be back in business.

I tried many other methods including all of those suggested both in the SanDisk KB and forums and this is the only thing that actually worked. 

Had this exact same issue happen to me and I was about to give up, but finally had a breakthrough, so I made an account just to post this.

Format the Wireless Stick using the “HPUSBDisk” Tool:

http://filehippo.com/download_hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool/

Just select your drive, select “Fat32” as the filesystem type, uncheck “quick format”, and click “start”

Allow the format process to complete and you should be back in business.

I tried many other methods including all of those suggested both in the SanDisk KB and forums and this is the only thing that actually worked. 

It is worth mentioning that when this problem occured for me in the first place, it was following a format of the WirelessStick (16GB) on a Windows PC. Following that format I had the exact issue that the OP was/is having.

I’ve been busy for the past month with work and whatnot, but since you responded here I decided to try and mess with the drive some more. Since I have the 64GB version, I can’t use Fat32, which is probably worth mentioning for other people trying this. 

I decided to format the flash drive with Windows’ Disk Management once again, this time using exFat and it has just started working for me again. Wirelessly connecting on my phone now works as well as on my computer.

Unfortunately I can’t exactly figure out what caused it to start working again. 

I set WhiteCoat’s post as the solution, as that seems to be a great way to at least get started. Any formatting tool will probably work, but it just seems random as to whether or not the drive decides it wants to work.

I did use the HPUSBDisk tool that you linked, and it caused the format to fail and the drive wasn’t recognized as a device with any kind of storage. That’s when I decided to use Windows’ disk management tool, formatting as exFat. The volume showed back up again, and I decided to try connecting to it on my phone… and it was working.

Trick here to get it working is 

1. Power off the USB drive 

2. Format the USB drive

3. Power on the USB drive 

Windows format with Fat32 and Allocation Unit size 16 KB worked for me. 

If you format while the drive is powered on, it will not work.

I tried the answers given and it didn’t work out for me at all. But I did get it working.

The SD card inside the stick needed to be formatted using a special formatter for SD Cards.

See the SanDisk KB article about it. 

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8075/~/sandisk-connect-wireless-flash-drive-and-microsdxc-support

Once that was formatted, I ‘ejected’ it from from laptop, turned on the wireless, connected my iphone to it, launched the app, and waited to see if I had any error messages. Once I didn’t see any error messages, I verfied that the ‘Drive Capacity’ in the App’s Settings actually had a number; Previously all I would see was 2 hyphens “–”. It had now displayed the full capacity of the SD Card.

I tested this by copying over a photo, and it worked again as if it were new.

Hello Sir 

I tried all given solution but issue is remain still shoing Read only and sd card not supported error 

what should i do 

I’ve been busy for the past month with work and whatnot, but since you responded here I decided to try and mess with the drive some more. Since I have the 64GB version, I can’t use Fat32, which is probably worth mentioning for other people trying this. I decided to format the flash drive with Windows’ Disk Management once again, this time using exFat and it has just started working for me again. Wirelessly connecting on my phone now works as well as on my computer. Unfortunately I can’t exactly figure out what caused it to start working again. I set WhiteCoat’s post as the solution, as that seems to be a great way to at least get started. Any formatting tool will probably work, but it just seems random as to whether or not the drive decides it wants to work. I did use the HPUSBDisk tool that you linked, and it caused the format to fail and the drive wasn’t recognized as a device with any kind of storage. That’s when I decided to use Windows’ disk management tool, formatting as exFat. The volume showed back up again, and I decided to try connecting to it on my phone… and it was working.

I am getting exactly the same error as DragonRuins. I have tried to update the firmware based on SanDisk instructions, but no go. The App is up-to-date. And the solution proposed by WhiteCoatAwesom does not help (also, I have a 128GB Stick, so I cannot use the HPUSB formatter, I have to use the Windows one). And tried a hard reset recommended by drlukcy.

So back to basic and reformatting once more, trying to update the firmware once more, copying files once more, reconnecting to Wifi of Stick once more… in the hope that perservence will pay off. If not, then I return it to Amazon.

I have a suspicion. I bought my WS from Amazon refurbished… I suspect that the previous owner installed the wrong firmware (https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17556/~/updating-the-sandisk-connect-wireless-sticks-firmware-manually) with the firmware version for 16GB and 32GB Wireless Stick while my stick is 128GB. I suspect that that locks the drive so that it cannot read its own data, it cannot update the firmware, … It doesn’t work.

I returned it immediately to Amazon; I hope that you can do the same if you get the same problems!

Guys, I found a solution for this problem

1. EaseUs Partiton Manager

2. check your dive Status maybe it will GPT so you may change GPT to MBR

3. After Converted simply follow the same formatting Method,

WIN - EXFAT

MAC- EXFAT

It’s working perfectly.