Android 5.0.. won't connect

I was hoping after some not so good reviews of the older versions the newer “Stick” would be better. I am unable to connect to my Samsung Phone with the drive via the app. I can see it and connect by the Wi-Fi menu but even after being “Connected” there is no way to remove to add files to Stick. The user guide recommends not using the Wi-Fi menu and letting the App doing the connection. I have tried several times 10+ minutes will not pull any devices up in the App… Tried to follow directions on updating the firmware by plugging in the USB and dropping the file on the drive and… nothing happend… what gives… any tips?

Hello,

as this is a very new product it would be very interesting if you could report it to the support team of sandisk to look into it.

you can contact them under this link

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

I can see it and connect by the Wi-Fi menu but even after being “Connected” there is no way to remove to add files to Stick

Once you are connected to the Wireless stick wifi network and you open the WS app what happens? Does it tell you Not connected? Can you post some screen shots?

The user guide recommends not using the Wi-Fi menu and letting the App doing the connection.

Either way of connecting should work. Both ways accomplish the same thing connecting to the WS wifi network. 

Some samsung phones have something called auto network switching in the settings that is on by default. What this does is automatically change the selected wifi network to the nearest, strongest network. If your phone has this setting it could be what is causing the connection issue. Also in Android apps can take hold of the wifi setting s and change them without user notification so make sure you do not have any app on the phone that is trying to control the network settings.

Tried to follow directions on updating the firmware by plugging in the USB and dropping the file on the drive and… nothing happend… what gives… any tips?

If you already have the latest FW (which you likely do, the product was just released) then nothing will happen if you try to manually update the FW since you are already running the latest version.  

First, I open the app… Shows searching for a while. Then connect manually, go back to app and continues “searching”…

I did apply all setting recommended to the best of my ability…

having trouble adding pictures

photo Screenshot_2015-07-24-20-47-12_zpsos5stwgc.png

photo Screenshot_2015-07-24-20-48-03_zpsxymfbcmh.png

Try performing a factory reset on the Wireless stick. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17549/