Stream subtitles via WMD?

Hi all, sorry if this is a re-post.

I’m pretty happy with my WMD, using it as a very basic and limited wireless player with my iPad.

I do, however have an important question - is there any way to stream the subtitles of the movies as well? I’m referring to SRT files, located within the same folder of the video files… am I missing something or is it dependent on the player that I’m using? currently using VLC.

Thanks!

Tomer

I don’t have any experience with SRT subtitles, but I do know my favorite player for the iPad, nPlayer, says they support them.

Hi,

I have a WFD and looking for the same solution for srt streaming.

What I’ve got so far is a workaround solution…

I use Oplayer HD for watching movies in my iPad. There you have an option to open a file using URL link.

You can use a browser to open your directory of movies in WMD and then you can obtain the a link to the movie file.

Copy this link and paste it to Oplayer HD on a URL link. Voila!!! you can watch the movie with subtitles working!

Hope this helps…

If you know of other solutions, please let me know,

All best,

Sergio

It seems that this app “It’s playing”, availabe on itunes -> https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/its-playing-pro/id442839861?mt=8

could help on this issue. Anybody around that can confirm that it really shows the subtitles?

Re: Stream subtitles via WMD? [Edited]
Options
‎01-22-2015 05:42 PM - edited ‎01-22-2015 05:44 PM

This app “It’s playing”, availabe on itunes -> https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/its-playing-pro/id442839861?mt=8
will help on this issue. Ir plays the movie with subtitles pretty nice.

1 Like

@smafra - many thanks for your great advice. Having downloaded It’s playing I’m actually able to both steam subtitles as well as browse through the contents of the drive, so I don’t even have to use SanDisk’s app anymore (it drove me crazy)

Thanks mate!
Tomer

Hello everyone (again…),

I now also have an Android based tablet which I’d like to use with the WMD.

Is there any similar android app like “It’s Playing” that has native capabilities of supporting the WMD and with subtitles option?

I tried doing some research but I can’t find any suitable app. I successfully managed to use ES file explorer to connect to the drive in FTP + BS Player for running the movies, but that’s a more time consuming process.

Maybe someone has some experience with that? maybe I’m doing something wrong and I can easily use WMD with one of the top playes and be able to add subtitles as well?

Thanks!

Tomer

there is no similar integrated app like infuse on the android side. 

As I said in the description all media is H264 + 2.0 AAC audio.

I can play all the media without subtitles with no issues and all direct plays, my server is strong enough to convert audio+video if needed.

I actually had a dual audio (aac+ac3) that if played with subtitles and first audio track buffered until I got bored, it direct streamed audio+video. One day I chose the AC3 track and I was amazed that it played with no issues, but all my media have AAC as first track and it’s hard to explain to my family that in some cases you have to use the second audio…

I can play all the media without subtitles with no issues and all direct plays, my server is strong enough to convert audio+video if needed.

Nox Vidmate VLC

I actually had a dual audio (aac+ac3) that if played with subtitles and first audio track buffered until I got bored, it direct streamed audiovideo. One day I chose the AC3 track and I was amazed that it played with no issues, but all my media have AAC as first track and it’s hard to explain to my family that in some cases you have to use the second audio