Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Using IE from Windows 8.1 with Internet Enabled the WFD Server Requires a User Name / Password

When using the copied browser link provided on the settings page from the iOS app (http://sandiskxxxxxx.local/files) I get a standard pop-up from the IE browser asking for a User Name and Password.  What do I enter here?  Won't allow anonymous login.  I tried the usual stuff, Admin, the UID on my computer, the UID for my router admin, empty string, etc. All with every combination of passwords, the one I entered for the WFD's WPA2, the admin pwd for my router and my PC, etc. No luck.  Anybody else figure this one out?

Administrator

Re: Using IE from Windows 8.1 with Internet Enabled the WFD Server Requires a User Name / Password

The user name is "owner", if asked.

If you have set a password in the Security settings in the app, then the password is the password you configured in settings, otherwise there is no password.

Re: Using IE from Windows 8.1 with Internet Enabled the WFD Server Requires a User Name / Password

Perfect.  Thanks!  Did I miss that in the documentation somewhere?  I didn't see it.