Connect flash questions

Few pre purchase questions please…

Can you copy any type of file to/from Connect flash to an iPhone? I want to use iPhone as a flash drv too, via the connect flash. So for example, copy a SQL file off a PC using the normal USB plugged in, then using the WiFi but, copy it to the iPhone. Or are you only limited to movies, pics, music, documents to the iPhone?

I basically want to use the connect as an intermediate device to copy stuff from as PC to an iPhone and use the spare Gb on my iPhone I have. If I can, once back home do I then have to go this route again iPhone > connect flash > PC, or can I then get the files somehow straight off the iPhone onto a PAC without the connect flash?

Is the connect 16Gb upgradable with any microSD card? eg can I use the 16Gb, remove it, use a 32Gb in & copy more files to it?

Will the 16 & 32Gb connect flash versions get the update to keep phone signal when connected to iPhone, using WiFi? If so when?

Hope someone can help, I’ve asked on twitter to @sandisk, but they referred me to here to ask. I’m waiting to buy…

Can you copy any type of file to/from Connect flash to an iPhone? I want to use iPhone as a flash drv too, via the connect flash. So for example, copy a SQL file off a PC using the normal USB plugged in, then using the WiFi but, copy it to the iPhone. Or are you only limited to movies, pics, music, documents to the iPhone?

Any type of file can be transferred to the iphone but it can only be accessed inside the WFD app. iOS only give third party apps access to the photo roll so all other file types would have to be stored inside the app itself. 

I basically want to use the connect as an intermediate device to copy stuff from as PC to an iPhone and use the spare Gb on my iPhone I have. If I can, once back home do I then have to go this route again iPhone > connect flash > PC, or can I then get the files somehow straight off the iPhone onto a PAC without the connect flash?

You would need to use the WFD to move the file. If the file is stored on the iPhone there would be no way to move it directly to the PC without the WFD and the WFD app. 

Is the connect 16Gb upgradeable with any microSD card? eg can I use the 16Gb, remove it, use a 32Gb in & copy more files to it?

Yes you can use 32GB cards. the 16 and 32GB version will not support exFAT file system. Only the 64GB version supported exFAT,

Will the 16 & 32Gb connect flash versions get the update to keep phone signal when connected to iPhone, using WiFi? If so when?

The release notes say coming soon to 16 and 32GB. No date for release. On a side note cellular coexisting only works on iOS 7

Hope someone can help, I’ve asked on twitter to @sandisk, but they referred me to here to ask. I’m waiting to buy…

Brilliant thanks for the full answers. So it’s going to do what I want and more (media streaming to iOS devices as well).

Basically as the iPhone/iOS is locked down I want to use my iPhone as a USB flash drive but can’t. With the connect flash then I can!

Don’t mind using the WFD app at all as long as it works ok. Is this the only app that I could use?

It’s the only way I can find to use my iPhone as a USB disk, everything else requires iTunes on the PC to get the files, or WiFi on the PC, both of which I don’t have on the PC (a work one), that I need to get the files off. I know I could just buy a normal USB pen, but the extra money on the connect flash gives me a normal USB flash drive, a WiFi streamer and a way to use the spare Gb on my iPhone easily, for any computer.

I do have iOS 7 so that’s fine. Think I’m off to buy one!
Thanks

So I’ve now received my 32Gb wireless flash. Is there no way to get any existing files off my iPhone onto the wireless flash?

I’m thinking for example I have some documents already on my iPhone. I want to transfer them to my wireless flash - is this possible?