Highlighted

Need firmware help

I bought a cloudspeed SSD that was pulled from a server, but the model number doesn't quite match the models listed under the firmwares, so I wanted to check before trying to flash the latest version. The model number is SDLF1CRR-019T-1HAZ and it is a 1.92 TB SSD. The models listed under the firmware end in either 1HA1 or 1HA2. Also, according to SandiskGuard, the firmware loaded on it is Z30LRPA1, which appears to be quite old. Is it safe to flash ZR08 firmware to this drive? Thanks.

Lsi

Re: Need firmware help

There seem to be plenty of bricked versions of these drives floating around eBay with customized non-generic firmware like yours, so updated firmware appears to be crucial for long term reliability with this product line in general.

Updating firmware generally isn't possible if the drive is not a generic one that can be updated with Sandisk's user-unfriendly "Sandisk Guard Tool" enterprise utility (offset / block size must be run in non-default update mode @ 256 blocks).  Custom firmware can usually only be updated on the specific equipment it was customized for (customized firmwares are common in SAN environments such as EMC, Equallogic, etc).

Lsi

Actually the ZR08 firmware does list Z30C being the initial firmware release of this generation, so it's possible Z30L it may be a mid-cycle / manufacturing-only release and take firmware ZR08 using my described method (specifying an offset / block size of 256).

I'd be interested to hearing your results if you attempt it, as the ZR08 firmware package does include an update file starting with ZR08RPA1 which appears to be the one for your drive revision.

Enterprise Administrator

We are not aware of a specific reason this should not work. We have tested this on other CloudSpeed models and it worked fine, however, not your specific model.