remove radio from clip sport

Is there any way to remove the radio from the clip sport?  In the older players there are firmware files without radio which can be flashed to remove the radio function.  Are there regional firmware files available for the clip sport?  I cannot find any.

Thanks for helping

The Radio isn’t just a matter of software, there’s also a radio receiver built in. What you can do, though, is to remove the radio symbol from the menu: Go to «Setings» –> «System Settings» –> «Customize», there set the radio function to «off». That should serve your purpose.

1 Like

Nothing else is possible, as far as I know.

Hi, 

I am about to purchase a"SanDisk Clip Sport". All I want is make the redio function not accessable for my kido. If I can’t find a mp3 player without the radio funtion, I would like to at least have the option to disable or hide it. So, I just want to make sure what I understood here is correct. I DO have the option to hide the radio symbol from the menu on “SanDisk Clip Sport”, right? Thanks!!!

Jazz’s post above directs how to ‘hide’ the radio function.

Yep, I read JaZZ’s post. It was not clear if JaZZ was assuming it could be done that way or actually sharing his/her own experience for this perticular model(SanDisk Clip Sport). Therefore, I just wanted to see if there is somone actually did it. :neutral_face:

@yfc wrote:

Yep, I read JaZZ’s post. It was not clear if JaZZ was assuming it could be done that way or actually sharing his/her own experience for this perticular model(SanDisk Clip Sport). Therefore, I just wanted to see if there is somone actually did it. :neutral_face:

It’s a standard feature of the player and a “selling point.”

Can you please show me were on the motherboard is the radio peice so i can remove it myself?

Thank you in advance!