mp3 auto-resume no longer works

Auto-resuming of mp3 no longer works. It does not matter if I Pause an mp3 first before powering off. When I turn the Clip Sport back on it always returns to the home page. I tried updating the firmware to 1.29 using the updater as well as doing a manual update. I even tried adding a new mp3, in the hope that the problem was just that my existing collection got corrupted. Still no joy.

Any ideas?

Does this happen with mp3 files in both the player AND in the micro SD card or just one of these storage locations?

If just one, maybe one of the music databases (MUSIC.LIB) is corrupted?

Thanks for replying. I never used the microSD card, just the internal memory. I reformatted and that has fixed the problem.

@itsjustme wrote:

Auto-resuming of mp3 no longer works. It does not matter if I Pause an mp3 first before powering off. When I turn the Clip Sport back on it always returns to the home page. I tried updating the firmware to 1.29 using the updater as well as doing a manual update. I even tried adding a new mp3, in the hope that the problem was just that my existing collection got corrupted. Still no joy.

Any ideas?

What folder are these files in? The Resume feature won’t work on files in the Music folder. It is designed to keep your place in long audio books and therefore only works with files in the Audiobooks folder.

I have the same problem. No resume function works on podcast or music mp3 files.

I have updated firmware to 1.36

I have restore system

I have formatted system.

BUT, the problem remains.