don't buy a sport-2000 song max no matter the size of your sd card

i’m not kidding.  and when i asked what was going on, CS sent me a link to a page you can’t find on this website.  i am asking for a refund because this product is ■■■■, but i’m not holding my breath.  i like every other sandisk product i have bought, and have recommended them all, but this one is **bleep** and they shoud cut the line before they lose more business.  if they don’t make this right with me, i will never buy another product from them, just on principle.  i work hard for my money and to waste not just the $50 bucks for this but another $20 for an SD card that is basically useless is a kick in the gut.

Many mp3 players don’t have a card slot at all. In its size and price range, the Clip Sport is better than any players made by other compnies. Yes, it does have its limitations when compared to a Rockboxed Clip+ or Clip Zip, although it does have longer battery life. Even though I have a few Rockboxed Clip+ and Clip Zip players, I am still thinking about buying a second Clip Sport, even though I am well aware of its limitations.

I’m with Kipndana! What other products do or don’t do is irrelevant. I too wasted money on a memory card having been told it can handle up to 128gb total BS and lies.  What if a 32gb card only held 4gb would that be OK?

I like the Sport despite its limitations. In the first place its sound quality. Moreover the 2000 file limit only applies to the database, you have nevertheless access to all stored files, even on a full 128 GB card – via folder mode. And there’s a workaround for those who want to shuffle their whole collection (like me): Create a playlist with as much songs as you like, save it to the root folder (internal of card).

so you are willing to waste your time working around a problem that should not be in the 1st place?  why waste countless hours creating playlists through a folder when you should have access to all your music via the sd card?  are you retired?  i can’t think of any reason to waste time unless you have time to waste, which most of us don’t.

@kipndana wrote:

so you are willing to waste your time working around a problem that should not be in the 1st place?  why waste countless hours creating playlists through a folder when you should have access to all your music via the sd card?  are you retired?  i can’t think of any reason to waste time unless you have time to waste, which most of us don’t.

Yes, I am retired. But countless hours for creating a playlist? Have you ever created one? The Sport is certainly not for you, as I’ve realized, but it may be a solution for others. Granted, I would have wished better functionality, but I can get along with it. Still one of the best players for jogging or on the go with as little weight as possible after you have got used to it.

even when you defend the product you have to put in a caveat.  i don’t understand why you “sandisk fanatics” and “sandisk gurus” can’t simply admit that this product is a piece of junk and that there are better, more functional options out there.  and i’m glad that you realized that the sport is not for me, because i wasn’t sure myself.  and it would take hours to create a 5K+ songlist.  why should i waste that time when i should be able to download and go?

@kipndana wrote:

even when you defend the product you have to put in a caveat.  i don’t understand why you “sandisk fanatics” and “sandisk gurus” can’t simply admit that this product is a piece of junk and that there are better, more functional options out there.  and i’m glad that you realized that the sport is not for me, because i wasn’t sure myself.  and it would take hours to create a 5K+ songlist.  why should i waste that time when i should be able to download and go?

I have no idea why creating a playlist with >5000 songs takes you «hours». I’ve done it in a few minutes. If there were better, more functional option out there, I would have chosen those instead. I’m not a SanDisk fanatic (coming from iRiver and Cowon), and I’m no FiiO fanatic either, even though those are my players of choice for highest sound quality. The SanDisk players (Sport, Zip) are my jogging companions, the best I can imagine when I want to travel light.

Create a playlist (*.m3u file) of files stored in the device memory and microSD memory takes about 20 seconds.

"even when you defend the product you have to put in a caveat.  i don’t understand why you “sandisk fanatics” and “sandisk gurus” can’t simply admit that this product is a piece of junk and that there are better, more functional options out there. "

Not with the same size or smaller, and at the same price or less. I can’t think of any other name brand clip on players with a card slot. Some use a phone for music. That is much heavier and bulkier. Others use a player with 16GB or lower capacity, without a card slot. Even so, a decent 16GB player without a card slot is still around $80.

Not to forget the sound quality.

@kipndana wrote:

Boy, you really seem to have difficulty in allowing others to have their own opinions, just as you want yours.  And you seem intent to try to inflame and insult with your comments (“i don’t understand why you ‘sandisk fanatics’ and ‘sandisk gurus’ can’t simply admit that . . . .”)  You really can dial down your rhetoric here, it’s really a pretty civil place.

Oh, and by the way, despite your categorical statements, yes, some people were disappointed with the Sport and I much prefer the Clip+ and Clip Zip, for everything but battery capacity, and continue to suggest and recommend those products (does that get me un-flamed?  lol). 

Detailed information of the abilities and limitations of the Clip Sport is available on the official product pages and a couple of minutes with a search engine before buying something new is usually time well spent. Nevertheless, disappointed customers is not a good thing and in the long run I honestly believe it’s a mistake by Sandisk not to include a note of the 2000 object limitation in the specifications.

That said, I don’t think the Sport is junk at all. Yes, it has limitations compared to the Clip+ and Clip Zip but that doesn’t mean it’s useless for all of us. During exercises I actually prefer the Sport because during a run or in the gym a small, lightweight, durable, lowcost player with good battery life and great sound quality is just what I need!

1 Like

@robert_a wrote:

Detailed information of the abilities and limitations of the Clip Sport is available on the official product pages and a couple of minutes with a search engine before buying something new is usually time well spent. 

Research before buying is wise, regardless of the product.

@robert_a wrote:

During exercises I actually prefer the Sport because during a run or in the gym a small, lightweight, durable, lowcost player with good battery life and great sound quality is just what I need!

And this is exactly what SanDisk had in mind when designing this player. It is not full-featured, nor was it intended to be. If that doesn’t fit your wants or needs in a portable music player, there are others on the market, whether it be the Clip+ or Zip or even other brands, that might.

It’s up to the individual to determine what is the best product based on their wants, needs, desires, preferences, etc. Trolling a user’s forum bad-mouthing a product is a waste of time for all and helps no one. :wink: