The 1.28 firmwhare with the 4,000 file limit

NOtice this firmware no longer on the board. Were there issues with this firmware. I I upgraded to this version and haven’t had any issues. The sorting isn’t perfect but it is much better then it was from earlier firmwares.

2 Likes

It was a beta. My guess the beta is over. I have not seen any posts reporting any specific issues with the beta FW. 

1 Like

Thank you for this new firmware… And I am afraid I just bricked 2 clip sports with this firmware… 1.28… 

This is my foolproof way… Load the firmware, then use Windows to fill the players to full capacity, ue only a few mb left. Unplug from computer. He, he,

Now when i try to turn the players I get the memory full, connect to pc and delete some files… Ahh, and the pc. Says I see no clip on the USB… Seems like a classic catch 22… I tried the hold center button reset, no change, bummer, 

I wish I had good news to report, so I just hope that there is some button code to get past the frozen screen… 

I broke 2 this way, beware… 

Thank you for these beautiful players, sorry I broke so easily…

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP, SUGGESTIONS...

So the 1.29 firmware only allows for 2,000 songs in each database?  Will class 10 cards work okay with the 1.28 and 1.29 firmwares, including micro SDXC cards(which are all class 10 or faster) formatted as FAT32?

the release notes show the only change is a fix for not detected in audible manager. 

The 4000 file FW was a beta that is now closed. I never saw any confirmation this would be added to the official release FW. 

2 Likes

http://downloads.sandisk.com/firmware/clipsport/128/upgrade.hex

1 Like

just to indicate my 2 sansa sports are patched to 1.28, no issue detected, and 4 000 songs accessible. I would be very interested to know the why this limitation of 2 000 songs is still present on 1.29, or, what was found bad in 1.28.

cheers

T

1 Like

^ +1.

from what i understand the way they got to 4000 files was reducing the amount of characters each field sorts on. For example IIRC in 1.27 song titles were sorted up to 24 characters in 1.28 that is reduced to 16. Album was 16 in 1.27 and in 1.28 is now 12 ect. This reductions in the characters it sorts caused issues with the sorting for some users so they made a decision to leave the database at 2000 in order to sort files using more characters. 

1 Like

Looks like the link to the 1.28 firmware got deleted from their servers. I’ve reuploaded a backup here: https://filesend.co/upgrade.hex.zip

Looks like the 1.28 firmware got deleted from their servers. I’ve uploaded a backup here: https://filesend.co/upgrade.hex.zip

Closed??? So it is no longer available for downloading? Why not? Why not let users have access to it, and each individual can decide if it meets his or her needs?

Is there any way to access this file?  If someone could send a link my way, I would be truly grateful.  The file limit is the one thing left that is keeping me from finding true mp3 player bliss!

@tekkie wrote:

Is there any way to access this file?  If someone could send a link my way, I would be truly grateful.  The file limit is the one thing left that is keeping me from finding true mp3 player bliss!

Available at the SanDisk Clip Sport subforum at the anythingbutipod.com community forum.    :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would SanDisk Forum Moderators allow a regular member to attach FW 1.28 to a message like this one?

Would SanDisk Forum Moderators allow a regular member to attach FW 1.28 to a message like this one?

Thank you, but I tried to register on that site about a week ago, but I still haven’t been authorized. So I thought I’d ask for help on here.

@tekkie wrote:

Thank you, but I tried to register on that site about a week ago, but I still haven’t been authorized. So I thought I’d ask for help on here.

I’m not sure why you haven’t been registered, yet; perhaps you need to try again.

Here is where the firmware is discussed:  http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=655892&postcount=4

1 Like

I have also been unsuccessful gaining download privileges at the anything but iPod website. Those “captchas” are too hard for me. Or else my acceptance emails end up in a black hole. Fortunately the SanDisk user forum is easy to access and a wealth of helpful information.