The 1.28 firmwhare with the 4,000 file limit

@dissident wrote:

Thanks for emailing the firmware… the upgrade went flawlessly and I now see 2700 songs on my playlist (the number of songs I have). Since I just randomly shuffle them all and have no need to sort them in any fashion the 1.28 firmware suits me just fine. :slight_smile:

It’s amazing in 2016 that Sandisk makes the only really acceptable reasonably priced MP3 player… Apple still charges out the rear end and other generic players either lack micro sd slots, acceptable memory capacity, or they do silly things like not have volume buttons, or have overly complicated menus.

So glad it worked out.  I agree with you, and I still want SanDisk to improve and build on the original Clip/Clip+/Clip Zip line–I want my Uber Clip!!   :wink:

Hi Miikerman,

Same here, firmware works like a charm! Many thanks for the file!! 

Piet Hein

Glad it worked well for you! :slight_smile:

Hi Miikerman,

Would it be possible for you to send me the same mail about the 1.28 firmware you’ve send to others here?

Thank you.

Phil

sir can u give me the download link for firmware 1.28 for clip sport…

@pewax68 wrote:

Check your private messages here.   ???

I just purchased a SanDisk Sport 8GB and I am a victim of the 2000 file limit fireware.

Would someone please PM the link to the 1.28 firmware?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Could I use a 64GB microSDXC formated in exFAT?

Or should I reformat to FAT32?

Hey, milkerman. Would you mind PMing me the file as well? I need way more space than 2000 files! It’s driving me insane.

Earlier poster said the 1.28 firmware bricked 2 devices. Has anyone had this issue? I’m afraid of the possibility since this sport is my lifeline right now.

Otherwise, would anyone be able to send me a link to that update? Thanks.

It was me who bricked 2 clip sports by using windows file manager to fill the 8gb memory then unplug the players with no space left for the player to use… I think the manual suggests leaving 30mb for the operation of the player… That was the big mistake that bricked mine… Could not start up to delete, just leave some space… I also use fat32 formatted 64gb cards without any problems… Enjoy

gotchya, thanks.

Now i just need someone to send it to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is my wild idea for this weekend.

Maybe try this web-link and see if my new method for file sharing is functional.

https://dfeld2005tech.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/first-blog-post/

For anyone who tries this method, make sure you change the filename of the downloaded file:

Any WordPress experts on here that can provide assistance ???

1 Like

@videovault wrote:

gotchya, thanks.

The firmware is available at the anythingbutipod.com forum, under the SanDisk Clip Sport section.

(Apparently, one needs to “join” the forum in order to get download rights, but there’s been a delay of approvals due to a personnel issue.  I’ve been happy to email the firmware download to people in the meanshile, if people send me a PM here with email address . . . .)

@videovault wrote:

gotchya, thanks.

The firmware is available at the anythingbutipod.com forum, under the SanDisk Clip Sport section.

(Apparently, one needs to “join” the forum in order to get download rights, but there’s been a delay of approvals due to a personnel issue.  I’ve been happy to email the firmware download to people in the meanwhile, if people send me a PM here with email address . . . .)

@videovault wrote:

gotchya, thanks.

(Apparently, one needs to “join” the forum there in order to get download rights, but there’s been a delay of approvals due to a personnel issue.)

videovault, check your private messages here.

@pewax68 wrote:

Please check your private messages here . . . .

Thanks. I have another player that went to 1.29. And started noticing some new files weren’t showing up. Only had though about 1100 files that were podcasts which did take more space. But still. Was no where near the 2000 files.

And am unable to go back. As tried it and put in the “upgrade” and it just refreses but doesn’t upgrade/downgrade from 1.29 to 1.28. 

I think the ability to downgrade Firmware is  important for SanDisk users.  I tried searching across this Forum and could not find anything that indicates this process is excluded for any SanDisk device.

Maybe start a new message in the "User Guides, Firmware, Software " section to draw attention from the Guru members on this Forum?

Also, maybe try again after you eject the micro SD card?

@clipfan7 wrote:

And am unable to go back. As tried it and put in the “upgrade” and it just refreses but doesn’t upgrade/downgrade from 1.29 to 1.28. 

You have to do it manually, not with the Updater.

• Remove any external card from the Clip Sport before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your SanDisk Clip Sport to your computer.
• Download and save the upgrade.hex file linked above to folder on your computer.
• Drag the file to the root directory of your SanDisk Clip Sport
• Disconnect the SanDisk Clip Sport and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Sport on, Select your language and region preference

Note that if the firmware file ends with a .zip extension (instead of .hex as above), you will have to extract it first before using the above procedure.