Syncing Playlists with Windows Media Player

You can create a playlist in WMP, then sync the playlist.  But all that this does is transfer the music that was in your playlist.  The playlist does not show up under the Playlist menu like it did on the Clip Zip. I needed to transfer the music and all of the different playlists that I created.  There is a link in the conversation below.  There seems to be a way to create playlists and save them, but it seems that you also have to create separate folders for each playlist.  Also, each folder has to contain all of the music for that playlist.  I ended up returning the Clip Sport.  This mp3 player from Sony works with WMP and syncs both music and playlists just like the Clip Zip.  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NWZE384-Walkman-Video-Player/dp/B00ECRPOKS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428375809&sr=1-2&keywords=sony+walkman+mp3+player     I ended up purchasing the Sony and am very pleased with it.

Below is part of a conversation that I had with Sandisk support.  

Jeff Markman: how can I get the playlist to transfer also?
James G.: Jeff, clip sport only supports m3u playlist. Please follow the steps given in the below link.
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14337/
Jeff Markman: So you are saying that the ability to transfer the playlist directly from windows media player was removed from the clip sport?
Jeff Markman: This was a very easy process with the clip zip.  the procedure you sent me is too difficult for a casual PC user.
James G.: I understand. But clip zip supports MTP mode, because of which the playlist was transferred that way. However Clip sport has MSC mode. It supports only M3U files.
Jeff Markman: I do not understand any of that.  All I know is that this mp3 player is not usable for the person who will be using it.  The process is not too difficult.  
Jeff Markman: We will return this for a refund.  
Jeff Markman: Does sandisk make any MP3 players that support the MTP mode?
James G.: Yes Jeff, other players like Clip+. Fuze+ , Clip Zip . They all have MTP as well as MSC mode.

1 Like