Sansa Clip Sport should REALLY be able to scrobble to lastfm.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Mp3s are dying and gennerally people are going to do all their listening in their smartphones. I personally use them because of the HUGE battery time and because my phone don’t have a lot of memory nor a microSD card slot. BUT the fact is, Sandisk has lauched the Clip Sport relatively recently and their Mp3s are one of the major Ipod alternatives. WAY cheaper, great build and sound quality and lots of space including SDslots. So I think they still should pay attention to their consumer needs. Lots of people refrain from buying the newer Sandisk players because they don’t have scrobble suport.

And no, the player doesn’t need wireless connectivity. Like I said before, Rockbox stores the played songs info on a text file so you can upload them when you connect it to your PC. I do this with my Sansa Clip+, using a third party program to upload the file information to my Lastfm profile.

The thing I’m trying to say is, Sandisk should have this in their players so users don’t need to rely on Rockbox(that is not going to be ported for the Clip Sport) and because it’s such an easy thing to do. I bet that a company’s programmer could easily implement this. The player needs to play the song, grab the title/artist/album/year and put it on a file. That’s it. This is what my Sansa Clip+ do. The uploading part is on your computer and already exists.