Sandisk Clip Sport?

The screen isn’t better.  It’s larger and crappier.  I say crappier because the pixel density, which was quite substandard on the Clip Zip, is just as low now, several years later, when the standard has risen substantially for pixel density on displays.  It’s not even an LED type display anymore, it’s now an ordinary LCD screen.  If they could have feasibly stuck a 1" vacuum tube display in it, they most likely would have.  WTF SanDisk?

It’s basically the Clip Zip, minus some useful features, with slightly less intuitive interface.  But a bigger hard drive (which my computer won’t recognize)!!!

I went out of my way to gripe because, since the release of the Clip+, the most advanced, most perfect mp3 player ever created, the absolute pinnacle of media player technology in its time, SanDisk has, with each subsequent generation, listened to what the consumer loved about their device, and systematically removed those teatures from the next version.  Luckily, the Clip+ was SO amazing, even with the rate of degradation in 3 generations, the Clip Sport is still a great device.  It’s just tragic considering it could have been so much better.  Why SanDisk, Why?