Sandisk Clip Sport audiobook problem

@skeetpick wrote:

I don’t know why user don’t just circumvent the file problem by merging. With all my audio books, I use Freemake to convert the files down to 32kpbs (quality is just fine) to minimize file size for my player, then join/merge the files in the same pass. Now I have one small file for the entire book. This also makes fast forwarding and rewind much easier because it’s all one file, you don’t have to close a file then reopen another. Then by using properties, under the details tab,  you can tag it any way you want. What I do on the player is label a folder under audiobooks just “BOOKS” then make sure all of my audiobook files are tagged “BOOKS” in the album slot. I then blank out all the other tags except “title”, and “length”, as you really don’t need any more. Then, all of my single file audiobooks wind up uner “BOOKS” in the Audiobook main folder. This works perfectly on the clip+ and clip zip, and I’m getting ready to buy and experiment with a clip sport to see if I can work around many of the new problems created by Sandisk.

Good ideas and solutions, all.   :slight_smile:

The only question I have is whether some books might get very big (even after the conversion), potentially causing some erratic player behavior.