Sandisk Clip Sport audiobook problem

I’ve used Clips (Cllip+ and Sport) for audiobooks for years so here is my experience. 

1.  It seems that audiobook parts needed to be loaded on in order for this player to play them in order.  Annoying but true. Such an easy thing to fix but Sansa just never got it.

2.  If you have them in order and it is till mixing them up, make sure you dont have your music shuffle on.  I had one library audiobook stored in my Music folder and went crazy with it playing out of order til I realized I had my shuffle on!   I now make sure I don’t load a library audiobook into my Music Folder.   And I always add them to the player in order. 

3.  The Clip Sport is no good for Audibles Enhanced Mode and I had to reload all my books into Mode 4.  In the Enhanced Mode, it also took forever for a book to come back after pause.  As someone said, it took longer and longer the more you got into the book. It is annoying to have to have your books in multiple parts (unlike the Enhanced mode where they come in one part only). 

Another problem with Enhanced is that my Sport skipped the last few minutes at the end of every book–totally unacceptable!  Sadly, my old Clip+ did take Enhanced mode and I loved it.  Battery life terrible on that old Clip, and why I keep using Sport.

1. Just wanted to add that I have never had a Clip or Sport break after the first month.   Two didn’t work after a week or so and Amazon sent me new ones immediately–even before they received the broken one back!  I have had numerous Clips and they seemed to last well for me.  Except for the clip part, which inevitably breaks off!

Just wanted to add that the Sport is newer than Clip+,  so why doesn’t it use Audibles Enhanced Mode??? It is a step backwards, IMHO, and really a bummer!!

1 Like