SanDisk Sport Only Plays 2000 Tracks on the microSDHC card

I purchased a 32 gigabyte SanDisk microHDSC card when I purchased a SanDisk Clip Sport player. I then loaded about about 6000 tracks on the card. However, it appears that the player only sees 2000 of these tracks when playing back. Can that be corrected? If no what was the point in designing the player to accept at 32 Gigabyte card? Also, am I correct in that I can shuffle music stored on the player or music stored on the card, but cannot shuffle music stored in both locations at the same time?

The player has two databases. One is for internal memory, the other is for card memory. Each can only see around 2,000 files. If you want to access more than 2,000 songs on card memory, you can use the folders submenu. A playlist must be within the folder that contains the files, so therefore you can’t have a playlist with songs from both internal and card memory.

@jk98 wrote:

The player has two databases. One is for internal memory, the other is for card memory. Each can only see around 2,000 files. If you want to access more than 2,000 songs on card memory, you can use the folders submenu. A playlist must be within the folder that contains the files , so therefore you can’t have a playlist with songs from both internal and card memory.

Small correction: A playlist must be in the directory (either internal memory or microSD card ) that contains the files. It can contain files from different folders within the corresponding directory, though.

But keep in mind that the folder structure makes it impossible to shuffle all files in folder mode. Unless you make a huge playlist, which will work, maybe with some minor issues (a few tracks are missing in my case).

" A playlist must be within the folder that contains the files ,"

I meant that the files could also be in a subfolder within that folder, so putting it in the root of the internal memory or the card would make all files in the internal memory or  the card  acccesible.

And just to amplify for the OP:  the Sport database originally accepted a greater number of entries.  However, it was determined that there were certain other limitations in the player that needed to be remedied, and that required some of the player’s other resources, leading to the limit of the Sport database to what currently exists.