SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk REMOVING files in SD card and "File format not supported" !

DFELD2005 wrote:

Maybe (??) if no other Forum members provide better advice here, you could consider using the Clip Sport "Format" command on your micro SD card?  This will give you a fresh start and simuate a new memory card experience?

Best WIshes

Great suggestion!   Smiley Happy   And especially as it worked!  

I found the "File format not supported" again.

This happened with files copied in a second pass after the format and copy. So AFAIK only one massive copy of files from PC to SD will be "supported" to play in the SanDisk.

SanDisk Fanatic

I am sorry that this situation is beyond my experiences.

We need to wait for sage advice from Miikerman.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Yep, we certainly do.  Now, if only some could be found . . . .    Smiley Wink

When all else fails:  you might try manually reapplyíng the latest firmware to the player--that can fix gremlins and software glitches that can develop.  Easy to do (and it won't affect your user content on the player)--see the firmware sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum.

Otherwise, you also could try re-formatting the player (not just the microSD card) itself, under the player's System settings--that sometimes can fix unknown issues.  Note that this will erase any user content--save any content you want to keep to your PC first.

A final possibility:  you might try reformatting the microSD card using the SD Association's own fomatting tool--that sometimes can fix issues, and there may be something hinky with your card.  The Clips can be finnicky about cards.  Again, save anything you want to keep first.

https://members.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I'm just guessing as to possibilities--sorry!