SanDisk Introduces the SanDisk® Clip Sport MP3 Player

Well, I’ve had this gizmo for a few months now, and I LOVE it.  It is exactly what I wanted:  A small, light, no-frills MP3 player I can bring to the gym, and leave my expensive smartphone locked safely away.

I find the fidelity quite good, the bass rich and smooth and the treble clear, as long as the recorded material is reasonably good.  I’m using it with a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-CKP500 in-ear sport phones, and if the recorded material is of good quality the sound is astonishingly good.  And, unless the music is not properly normalized to 0dB, the volume goes louder than I need.

Because I don’t try to store my entire music collection on the thing, I’ve had no complaints about the capacity.  I’ve got 67 CDs worth of music on there at the moment, enough not to get bored and have to swap music before every trip to the gym.  That accounts for 6GB of the 8GB, and a skosh over 700 tracks.  Why the HECK do I need more than that?! 

I looked at units costing twice what this one cost me before I made my purchase.  For what I want the thing for, I doubt I’d be more satisfied with any of those than I am with this guy.

So, people looking here for ideas about whether to buy this unit, here’s my advice: 

If you need a full-featured MP3 player that can wash your clothes and store every track on the internet, this ain’t it.  Spend the money and buy what you need.

If you’re looking for a small, lightweight MP3 player that sounds good, packs a punch, and won’t send you into a crying jag if you smash it with a dumbbell or drown it running in a hurricaine, this is a very good choice.

2 Likes