SanDisk Introduces the SanDisk® Clip Sport MP3 Player

I’m disappointed. I expected a version of the Clip Zip with a longer battery life and a larger screen. I was hoping for Rockbox to become available for it soon. Instead it uses a different processor than the Clip Zip, and it seems likely there will never be Rockbox available for it. I just bought one Clip Sport player though, so no great tragedy. 

I have a few Clip Zip players though, and will mostly be using those. For longer battery life I could carry two of those. The same goes for having a player with two or more card slots. Instead I could carry two or more Clip Zips to have two or more card slots available. 

I like the Clip Zip very much with Rockbox installed. I didn’t like using it with the firmware it came with though.

I hope the next player from Sandisk will be the same size as the Clip Sport, but have the same processor and other circuitry as the Clip Zip, except for having a display the size of the one in the Clip Sport, and having 25+ hours of battery life. 

Is the Clip Zip discountinued? It seems to be hard to find now, while the Clip+ is easy to find now. I don’t mind using the Clip+, and prefer using a Rockboxed Clip+ to using the Clip Sport, although if I could get a Rockboxed Clip Sport that would probably be my favorite player.