AA (audible)
 AAC
 FLAC
 MP3
 Ogg Vorbis
 WAV
 WMA (DRM free)
 Podcast

NOTE: Clip Sport supports audiobooks obtained from Audible and DRM free Audiobooks only.

1 Like

The SanDisk Clip Sport loads and plays FLAC files, but it doesn’t recognize any FLAC tags.  All songs display as Unknown Album and Unknown Artist.

1 Like

What about playlists? – I’m asking because the Sport doesn’t accept m3u playlists («not supported»), it even refuses to complete database refreshing (with m3u playlists on the external card).

1 Like

I think I found the reason: Playlists only work when accessed via «Music» menu, but they don’t work via «Folder» menu. Strange that they’re accessible at all in the latter case.

1 Like

I am getting a message when I try to download an audiobook from Overdrive that Sport Clip does not support the WMA Audiobook file type.  Am I doing something wrong, or will the Clip Sport really not allow downloads from Overdrive?

WMA with DRM isn’t supported, so you won’t be able to use them.

@allybee wrote:

I am getting a message when I try to download an audiobook from Overdrive that Sport Clip does not support the WMA Audiobook file type.  Am I doing something wrong, or will the Clip Sport really not allow downloads from Overdrive?

The Sport model is an MSC-only device. MTP mode is required for the use of DRM-encrypted content like Rhapsody or books ‘loaned’ from your library using the Overdrive software. So as saratoga mentioned, you cannot use the Sport for this type of content. Better to return it and get a Clip+ or Zip (both full-featured players) if this is important to you.

Just bought a SanDisk Clip Sport and tried to download WMA files … and got message that WMA is not supported.

How can this be??? I have had several Sansa MP3 players and they have all always played WMA files.

HELP!

are the files DRM protected? if so the sport does not support DRM protected files. If they are not DRM protected post a link to one of the files and we can test it to see if we can figure out what is going on. 

I just wanted to add that I listen to audiobooks from OverDrive all the time on my Sport.  I don’t download them as  WMA files though.  I use the other option (mp3 audiobook).  Never had a problem.  I just have to be sure the shuffle function is turned off so they play in order (and also that the segments are put on the Sport in order!)

1 Like

Several Ogg Vorbis files that work fine on my workstation and on my old Sansa Fuze do not play on my new SanDisk Clip support.

I can see nothing the files have in common.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

BruceByfield

In reference to audio books from audible.com.  my clip sport says file format not supported.

I did all the research and decided to purchased the Clip Sport Plus 16gb specifically to play files in Vorbis .ogg format and have the Bluetooth feature to connect to the audio panel of the aircraft I fly.  “Why not just use your cell phone?”  you may be asking. For safety sake and per FAA Regulations all cell phones must be OFF not just in “Airplane Mode” during flight. The SanDisk support web for this model of player states it will play .ogg files. It does not play Vorbis .ogg formatted media files. I upgraded to the latest firmware 2.09 as of Feb 21, 2017. I still receive the message “File Format Not Supported” when trying to open these file types.  I use Ubuntu 14.04LTS Linux exclusively with K3b Burn to rip music from CDs, and Banshee to sync music to the Clip Sport Plus 16gb.

Example of the Metadata:

Type: Audio

Codec: Vorbis Audio (vorb)

Channels: Stereo

Sample rate: 44100 Hz

Bitrate: 96 kb/s

ENCODER: K3bOggVorbisEncoderPlugin

Does the SanDisk tech support team plan on fixing this bug/issue any time soon and release a new firmware? If not I will be returning the Clip Sport Plus to my local retailer and be moving on to a player the does support .ogg files.  A prompt response would be appreciated.  

Someone know if this recognize any FLAC tags in M3U PlayList ?