SD-card songs

Hi

I´ve understand that the firmware 1.22 could handle up to 2000 songs on the sd-card. My problem is that I could only handle 898 song on the card though it is a 32 GB card. Rest of my songs appear as strange text strings in the list and not possible to play. The songs is not corrupt in any way, the work on other players. 

Do You have any idea what possible could be wrong?

How do the files look in folder view?

Separate factors can bring the file limit down further.

Note that separate factors can bring the database file limit down further.

Files not possible to play looks like:

‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’-‘y’‘y’‘y’

Hi 

Could You please explain further? Do You mean to long file names?

@staffancb wrote:

Files not possible to play looks like:

‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’‘y’-‘y’‘y’‘y’

And that’s in «folder» mode? Hard to believe they don’t have any file extension.

BTW, should these be MP3s?

Yes, it looks like that in folder mode. There are mp3’s for shure. I start do download from title beginning with A. Somewhere middle of S it starts to write corrupt filenames. It´s when 898 files are loaded. I really don’t understand. It’s not the filename, more like the amount of files.

Strange! What happens when you’re trying to delete the crippled files and to reload the corresponding MP3s?

@staffancb wrote:

Yes, it looks like that in folder mode. There are mp3’s for shure. I start do download from title beginning with A. Somewhere middle of S it starts to write corrupt filenames. It´s when 898 files are loaded. I really don’t understand. It’s not the filename, more like the amount of files.

How about, can you try transferring maybe 500 or so files at a time–might that allow things to work correctly?