SD card music

I’ve got a question. I’ve copied my music do sd card to folder “Music” and it is shown only in sd card in menu, but not in “Music” menu. How can I get this to work? On Sansa Clip+ and Clip Zip, when i copied music to sd card it was normally displayed in “Music” in menu

Unlike any other SanDisk mp3 player, the memories for internal and external spaces are separated on the Clip Sport. This means it can only see (and play) from 1 at a time. The ‘merged’ database you’re used to seeing (and playing from) is not possible on this player.

One solution would be to copy all music files from the internal memory to the SD card, so you’d have access to all files through the «Card» view. But note that the Sport has a 2000 files restriction for either memory – at least as far as the database goes. You could still access all files exceeding 2000 via «Folder» view, though, just without database involvement.

But why so stupid limitations? There wasn’t anything like this in Clip+/Zip

Well, SanDisk wanted to throw a cheap product to the market, and here it is. Lucky me, I bought an extra Clip Zip before they cancelled its production. Now I have four of them. Should be enough for about ten years of music on the go. Till then SanDisk will hopefully come with an improved model with 256 GB, 24 bit/192 kHz support and audiophile DAC/output stage – and a database comprising both internal and external memory, of course.

@fei wrote:

But why so stupid limitations? There wasn’t anything like this in Clip+/Zip

Different hardware, different features.

Yes, indeed, many were not amused by this . . . .    ;(

WTF…a 2000 file limit?
I just bought the clip sport because I lost my Clip+ that I’ve had for 2 years or so.

First, there are problems with the class 10 memory cards. Then, only 2000 songs can be displayed on the database?

Holy cow, that would explain why all of my songs aren’t showing up.

Thankfully, I still have the receipt and box for this thing. I think I’ll return it and try and find another, better, MP3 player with microSD card support.

Sandisk needs to get their heads out of their butts.

Try another Clip+ . . . .

Okay, I was wrong. I didn’t have a Clip+, just a regular Clip.

But here in BFE Iowa, Target, Walmart, Best Buy are the only stores around. So, all we have are the Clip Sports. Unfortunately.

Only other microSD compatible MP3 players to be found are generic junk brands.

And Toys R Us sells rebranded Coby MP3 players…and Coby has always been junk AFAIK.

@divineramza wrote:

But here in BFE Iowa, Target, Walmart, Best Buy are the only stores around.

I believe Amazon and most online sellers deliver to BFE, Iowa. :wink:

Ah, the wonders of the Internet, what with Amazon.com, eBay, etc., etc.    :)     (And by the way, it’s not just you and where you are:  hard to find anything but Apples players around anywhere nowadays, apart from a Clip Sport every now and again.)