Remove GoList(s) from playlists

How can I remove the;

GoList[1]

GoList[2]

GoList[3]

From the playlists so I only see my playlists, or possibly rename them?

1 Like

Perhaps others will know otherwise, but I don’t believe you can.  They’re defaults in the system, for your use and benefit.

In this context I’d like to know how to remove a song from the GoList.

From the User Manual:

«7. The following options are available during music playback by pressing the Options button to access the Options menu.
– Add Song to GoList
– Remove Song from GoList
– Repeat
– Shuffle
– Music EQ
– Delete Song
– Track Info

Add Song to GoList
The GoList is an on-the-go optional playlist that enables you to quickly and easily add and remove songs to one of three available GoLists. Each GoList holds up to 100 songs.

1. Select Add Song to GoList , then select desired GoList.
  2. Press the Back button to return to the playback screen.

Remove Song from GoList
This option is only available when the current song is already added to the GoList.

1. Select Remove Song from GoList.
  2. Press the Back button to return to the playback screen.»

Now it seems that I just can add a Song to the GoList, whereas the Remove Song from GoList function is missing. Selecting
Add Song to GoList a second time results in the message «Track already added».

What’s your experience with this point?

1 Like

I can remove a song from to go list by going to the golist where the song i want to remove is and playing that song. Then i hit the submenu button (button below the center select button) and you should see an option to remove from golist.

1 Like

Thanks guys but Im only looking to remove the entire golist though. Not just its contents. When I go to playlists I dont want to see the GoLists, I only want to see my playlists. ;/

1 Like

@drlucky wrote:

I can remove a song from to go list by going to the golist where the song i want to remove is and playing that song. Then i hit the submenu button (button below the center select button) and you should see an option to remove from golist.

Yes, that’s it! Thank you Sir! :smiley:

@oxise wrote:

Thanks guys but Im only looking to remove the entire golist though. Not just its contents. When I go to playlists I dont want to see the GoLists, I only want to see my playlists. ;/

Like Miikerman said, the GoLists are there to stay, as it seems.

Just ignore 'em–easy enough to do.   :wink:

Sandisk went to the trouble of giving me the option to not see Podcasts, Radio, or another screens I don’t want to see.  It seems stupid that they would not allow me to hide GoLists I don’t want to see.  I don’t have good eyesight, and don’t carry reading glasses while running.  Making me scroll past and find my own lists, possibly on the run, is not easy enough to do. 

This is RIDICULOUS! It’s exactly why I gave up on ipods- playlists were endlessly taken over by Apple’s ■■■■ forcing me to hunt for MY playlists. Now I have this mp3 player that, instead of simply letting me to listen to MY music MY way, forces me to go through THREE of its ‘golists’ (they don’t even have individual names) before I’m allowed to get to my own! Like the last commentator, I run. I don’t have ■■■■■■■ time to stop, play around with this ■■■■, and hunt down my own playlists (which, as I use a Mac, am unable to even create). Surely we who buy this product should be allowed to remove what we don’t want once we own it- can’t get rid of this ‘audible’ folder I’m never going to use. Have these golist features I’m never going to use. I was going to buy another Sandisk for my soundtrack collection, but screw it if this is how the company feels about its customers- that its for my “use and benefit” which I’m too stupid to understand, and I should just “ignore 'em.”

It seems to me that you also cannot remove any empty playlists that you have created by mistake. When learning how to add playlists by creating them with Windows 10 Media Player, I mistakenly created a couple of invalid ones, which show up as empty on my Clip Sport. Also, the both have the same name; apparently, if you use the same name multiple times, it’s accepted multiple times. There is no delete option. And, empty playlists are not recognized as files by Windows 10 when you connect the Clip to your computer, so you can’t delete them from there either. I’m not as upset about this as you are, because it’s what I’ve come to expect from most tech companies, and it’s not a big deal, just an annoyance. I agree though, that it is a ridiculous oversight. (P.S. I just signed up for this forum in order to post this as a new question, but could not find an Add Topic link anywhere. That’s more annoying.

1. You should ignore the GoLists if you are not interested in this handy feature. They are default.
  2. For your own m3u playlists, the player tries to locate and display these where ever they are saved.
    Try searching for *.m3u in the root directory of the player (or micro SD card).
  3. After a few months of owning my Clip Sport I got used to all the quirky “features” and learned how to manage and enjoy the benefits all these “features”.
  4. I doubt there will ever be any more firmware updates. I think there is sufficient code here to make the best use of these modestly priced players.