Problems with files not appearing on Mp3 player

Ihave a 8gb mp3 sports clip with a 32 GB SD card in it.

Works fine, some files won’t appear on the mp3 player but are on the SD card. They work fine on computer, all are mp3.

Any solutions in advance? Thank you in advance

how many files do you have? the players FW only supports 2000 files for the internal memory and 2000 for the external memory. Anything beyond that will not show on the player.

There is a beta FW that support 4000 files for internal and 4000 for external but it sorts on fewer characters than the original firmware. The beta FW can be downloaded at the sticky link at the top of this board.

1 Like

Remove from the file name invalid characters (# $% ^ &% …usw)

Maybe you can play the “missing” files on the SD card using the FOLDER selection mode? Maybe you exceeded the 4000 file limit for the CARD mode?

hi im having the same problem. do your files still play? even tho they don’t show

i originally followed chucky’s advice on updating the firm-ware. Results were unsatisfactory. It weirdly organized the files different and removed half of the other folders from now appearing on the mp3 player (tho appear on my SD card still). 

I’m very dissatisfied now. . . 

Sorry to read about your various problems with your Clip Sport.

Internal Memory problems:

If the folders and files are messed up on the player itself, maybe use the device’s internal Format command to give you a fresh start. This command will erase all your personal files in the device memory. The device will recreate all the required folders. 

SD Card Problems:

You can use FOLDER mode for the device to play mp3 files inside each folder (saved under the Music folder).

Make sure the first 8 characters of the mp3 folder names will clearly define the contents of each folder ,

You can use CARD mode for the device to play mp3 files inside each folder (saved under the Music Folder.)  CARD mode is highly dependent on your ID3 tags (V 2.3). Make sure the first 8 characters of the album names will clearly define the mp3 files in each album. 

MUSIC / CARD mode mp3 file limit:

Firmware 1.28 allows the device to create two music databases (internal/ SD card).

Each database can handle a maximum of 4000 music files.

If your SD card has more than 4000 music files, you can find all the music files using FOLDER mode.

1 Like

I’m having this same problem. Are you saying that if I reduce the number of files to 2k, the ones that are not appearing will show up?

This works for me. Trouble is, the missing files will never play on all-artist shuffle.

When using FOLDER playback mode, and while playing a music file, press the small button below the center power/menu button.

Then scroll down the submenu to the Shuffle command. Then you can toggle Off/On using the power/menu button.

When using FOLDER playback mode, and while playing a music file, press the small button below the center power/menu button.

Then scroll down the submenu to the Shuffle command. Then you can toggle Off/On using the power/menu button

Unfortunately, this is a local shuffle command. It only works for one subfolder in Folder Mode.