Podcasts- no 'multi- resume playback' capability...

With sansa clip + I used extensively the  ‘Would you like to resume the playback or start from the beginning’ function to listen to several different podcasts. Then I could listen to different ones and go back to all of them at the exact place I left off before, even if it was weeks ago… But on this ‘Sport-Clip’ it has no such function.

What’s with that??? I thought this was supposed to be better than Sansa-clip +  !

So, if I need switch from one podcast to another,  when I come back to the previous podcast to listen to the remainder, it makes me start from the beginning again!!

With Sansa- clip plus,  I could listen to several different podcasts seperately, and whenever I came back to them I could resume each one at the place I left off…  Why not with the Sports clip?   They charge more for the Sports - clip and they didn’t even put that funcion in.

Try moving your podcast files into the Audiobooks folder (not Audible).

I think the Clip Sport will create a resume “pos” file for each audiobook file you start playing.

@lamptree wrote:

What’s with that??? I thought this was supposed to be better than Sansa-clip +  !

Where did you read/hear that? Newer doesn’t always mean better. In this case, the processing chip in the older models (Clip+, Zip) was discontinued by the manufacturer (not SanDisk), so they had to get what was available for these newer models. Unfortunately, it is less powerful and limited compared to the previous one.

I tested a few mp3 files on my Clip Sport before completing this reply.

For several mp3 files I copied into the “Audiobooks” folder and into the “Podcasts” folder (under the root folder) of my Clip Sport, the device created one unique “pos” resume file for each mp3 file I played.  I did not experience any loss of the resume capability for all the files when I jumped back and forth between multiple files.  

(I used Win File Explorer to verify the creation of multiple “pos” files in each subdirectory)

I am currently using FW 1.28 (but likely the same capability exists in FW 1.27

I have the same problem. No resume function works on podcast or music mp3 files.

I have updated firmware to 1.36

I have restore system

I have formatted system.

BUT, the problem remains.

The “resume” feature only works for audio files stored in the Podcasts directory and in the Audiobooks directory.

(Does not work for audio files stored in the Music directory.)
The “resume” feature does not work using Folder mode.

The “resume” feature will only create one resume point for each audio file.

When you return to a resume position and continue playing, a new resume position will overwrite the prior saved resume position (for each audio file).

I have not tested the the “resume” feature beyond FirmWare 1.28.

1 Like

Thank you very much

With your  disinterested information you really have helped me to solve my doubts and avoid the retorn of the product.

My problem was that I was working under de “Folder” mode.

Since I had the old Sanza Fuse (where it worked under the Folder mode" I presumed that it worked also in the modern Clip Sport.

Do you know any way to make the multiresume function under the Foder mode in the Clip Sport?

I am not capable of modifying the Clip Sport firmware. From my experience in the last 15 months, SanDisk rarely issues updated firmware for the Clip Sport (and Clip Jam). 

Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the current features of the player.

This user Forum has many expert members who will attempt to help with any problems.

From my experience in the last 15 months, SanDisk rarely issues updated firmware for the Clip Sport (and Clip Jam). 

Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the current features of the player.

This user Forum has many expert members who will attempt to help with any problems.