Playlist for Mac on Clip Jam

Playlists on the JAM and SPORT need to be M3U. The playlist must be in the same folder as the songs, so a playlist with songs from both card memory and internal memory won’t work. 

The Jam and Sport have three Go lists that you can create on the player. Each can hold up to 100 songs. Unlike the Clip+ though, only one song at a time can be added to a Go List. I don’t use playlists on my Clip Sport, but do use them on my Rockboxed Clip+ and Clip Zip. 

There seem to be plenty of  issues with how podcasts and audiobooks are treated on the Clip+ and Clip Zip. There might not even be support for playlists for podcasts or audiobooks on the Clip Sport and Clip Jam. I suggest that you put the podcasts in the music folder if you want to use playlists with them. Are these podcasts properly tagged? If the player is still returnable, you might want to consider returning it and getting a Clip+ or Clip Zip. There might also not be complete MP4 support, and might be issues with playing long MP4 files. The Clip sport and Clip Jam are much more geared to playing mp3 files than MP4 ones.