Need help ASAP!

I have sandisk clip sport that only plays .cem file songs. It is totally stripped down and restrictied from cdcr. How do I get it to play mp3 files in a folder? It has an XML file, musicbmk.bmk, and some other files on the SD card they sent with it. My email is doe169983@gmail.com. I know it can play mp3 files because guy already did it but is not sharing info. Hater!!! Please help. Need more music. Firmware is 1.07. Hope to chat and thank you

Re: Need help ASAP!

Have you tried if the player will do the normal firmware update procedure ? There's always a thread at the top of this forum with the most recent firmware and instructions on how to do the update. That could overwrite whatever restricted firmware you have on the player now.

Tried and comp won't read. The other guy might be doing it from SD card. So I hear. Two diffrences, 1. The offset minuets on open one is 480, mine is 420 on XML. Also his is 1007b and my XML is 1000. Still need help in here. Thanks

You mean the computer can't read the internal storage, just the SD card ? It won't look for the firmware file on the SD card, i just tried. From the Settings menu -> System settings you can format the internal storage, maybe that will make it accesible again ?

Can't access internal from clip sport. It's restricted. Want pics?. I'll send em all. Tell me what u want to see
Highlighted

It looks like there is no way to replace the firmware, there is a guide for the "Sansa" player, but nothing for the Clip Sport it seems. Also a few posts on this forum about the locked down firmware, didn't see a solution besides sending it in somewhere to replace the firmware, maybe check those posts too ("BOP" in the title)..

Didn't find anything on how to get it to play MP3s either, kind of sounds to me like this firmware should refuse to play them in any case, because that seems to be whole point of it ?

Good luck, have been in many similar situations spending countless hours trying to get some old device to work again, maybe sometimes it's better just to ditch it.