ID3 2.3 or 2.4?

Hi all,

what format is the clip sport support?

UTF16 ID3v2.3

or

UTF8 ID3v2.4

Thanks

2 Likes

I have always used the following tag format for my Clip players, and it has worked.

ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1

1 Like

But ISO dont support all fonts / lang…

and on mp3tag I get ??? symbols

@miikerman wrote:

I have always used the following tag format for my Clip players, and it has worked.

ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1

What he said ^. This is the ID3 tag format ALL SanDisk players have always required/used.

1 Like

OK…

But some fonts like I said dont work with this…

I have clip+ and use ID3 UTF 16 with no problem …the ISO dont work

but the sport does problems…I have an idea it will take 1-2 days to check it…

regarding the files names and tags…although I use them as is on my clip+

Remember, the Sport uses a different, less powerful processing chip than the Plus.

I would follow Tapeworm’s advice as to the ID3 tag format, as the ID3 tag format guru and to whom I always look to for consistently reliable advice.   :wink:

1 Like

OK.

If what I will try wont work I will try again the ISO tag but Im not to positive about this will work.

Thanks

Im writing here like in another post so mybe sandisk team will read this also here…   :

Hi you all

Well…things happend like I said…

I rememberd from the clip+ that ID3 2.3 ISO make the fonts like this: ??? ( in mp3tag, in the PC, and in the mp3 )
and also read about this issue somewhere.

Yes its rare but there are few fonts that act like this with  ID3v2.3 ISO type.

So… Im continue trying to change my folders and tags to less complex ( but they worked on the clip+ as they are )

and change back to ID3v2.3 UTF16 then I will see…

And if it wont help I have the only option  … to use the FOLDER to play my music…

I’d like this more ( each artist has its folder and each album ) so I can go to what I want that way, insted for example putting all my music on one folder…

Its ■■■■…but I guess  I have no alternative… :slight_smile:

p.s

The same happend with 1.27 ver and 1.28 ver

Here is a detailed explanation of the problem with ISO-8859-1 tagging of mp3 files from countries with character sets outside of standard ASCII.   Seems to me this is an unfortunate limitation of the newer San Disk players for users of these character sets.

https://kayseong.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/encoding-problem-in-id3-tags-of-international-mp3-files/ 

Ok…

I have much work becouse I have allmost 3000 songs…

So its working with ID3 2.3…

The main problem it seems to be the algorithem of  the sport reading the files…its a bit diff and more “fixed”.

For example its not enough to number the tags song titles but also the albums folders should get numbres before the “names” and its more important than the clip+ that you number 01 02 etc and not 1 2 up to 10…

So inside artist folder : Pink Floyd  I will put: 01 dark side,  02 wish you were here etc… ( before that I didnt add the numbers ).

and also ( mybe its just me want the same order ) the song files and song tag titles get numbers 01 02 etc…the same number each song wiil get on the trak number data…

In my experience using the Sport Clip:

The MUSIC mode reads the track numbers in the ID3 tags. The song titles in the tags do not need to include track numbers to play music files in the intended sequence.

The FOLDER mode reads the actual filenames. You may wish to include 2-digit prefixes in the filenames to play music files in the intended sequence.

Hopefully all the extra work to prepare a mp3 library for optimal music selection and playback in the Clip Sport will be rewarded with enjoyment of the excellent sound and convenience of this budget-priced music player.

1 Like

Thanks

Me too

“”“”""The MUSIC mode reads the track numbers in the ID3 tags. The song titles in the tags do not need to include track numbers to play music files in the intended sequence.

The FOLDER mode reads the actual filenames. You may wish to include 2-digit prefixes in the filenames to play music files in the intended sequence.“”“”“”

Thats why Im doing both…

" To Grab the two birds in one try"  :wink: