How to continue playing the last played song after external card refresh

Does anyone know how to continue playing the last played song after external card has been refreshed? Everytime when I connect and disconnect the player from the PC to update some songs, it refresh the external memory card and then play back to the very first song from the folder. Anyone can help? Thanks in advanced.

Adding or deleting any files will trugger a database refresh upon disconnecting from the computer. This resets the file that was playing before. There’s no way to change that.

Tapeworm: Thank you for answering my query.

In addition, even if you connect the player to your pc just to charge, it might do a database refresh. Charging using a micro usb cell phone charger(make sure it says 5V on it before connecting it. The vast majority do, but there may be some oddball ones) is not only faster than charging using a computer, it saves wear on the player’s display.

Do note:  using AC to charge is not necessarily faster than using one’s computer—it depends on the amperage the USB AC adapter is providing as compared to one’s computer, as well as whether both are providing the max the player ccan use.

@jk98 wrote:

Charging using a micro usb cell phone charger(make sure it says 5V on it before connecting it. The vast majority do, but there may be some oddball ones) is not only faster than charging using a computer, it saves wear on the player’s display.

Do note:  using AC to charge is not necessarily faster than using one’s computer—it depends on the amperage the USB AC adapter is providing as compared to one’s computer, as well as whether both are providing the max the player ccan use.

@jk98 wrote:

Charging using a micro usb cell phone charger(make sure it says 5V on it before connecting it. The vast majority do, but there may be some oddball ones) is not only faster than charging using a computer, it saves wear on the player’s display.

Do note:  using AC to charge is not necessarily faster than using one’s computer—it depends on the amperage the USB AC adapter is providing as compared to one’s computer, as well as whether both are providing the max the player can use.

I don’t know of any micro usb phone chargers that put out less than the 500 ma maximum a computer puts out at its USB2 ports. Also keep in mind that when charging via pc and making a data connection, the player screen stays on, consuming plenty of power.

@jk98 wrote:

I don’t know of any micro usb phone chargers that put out less than the 500 ma maximum a computer puts out at its USB2 ports. Also keep in mind that when charging via pc and making a data connection, the player screen stays on, consuming plenty of power.

@jk98 wrote:

And so, if a charger puts out 500mA and a PC port outs out 500mA, the charger and the PC will charge the player at around the same rate . . . .  Also, some PCs have a more powerful USB port, specifically aimed at charging or powering peripherals. 

@miikerman wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

And so, if a charger puts out 500mA and a PC port outs out 500mA, the charger and the PC will charge the player at around the same rate . . . .  Also, some PCs have a more powerful USB port, specifically aimed at charging or powering peripherals. 

The USB2 standard limits power output to 500ma. Some usb2 devices connect to two usb ports to get extra power. USB3 ports have a higher maximum power output. A Sandisk player will charge faster with a cell phone charger than with a pc data connection even if both are 500 ma, as the player’s display stays on while a data connection is made.

Great–and as I pointed out earlier and as you have stated, some PCs in fact have USB (power)ports providing more than 500mA of power, potentially making them faster  to charge a Clip than a 500mA phone charger.   ;)    If one is gong for a charge alone, no need to use a PC USB data port with its lower power rating, if one wants the fastet speed to charge.

Even if comparing a “regular” PC 500mA USB port to a 500mA phone charger, I doubt that there is any significant difference for the average user in the charging time due to the Clip display being on when charging via the PC, especially when one considers that the Clip display turns off after a short period of time, when being charged (I don’t recall if this feature is specific to particular Clip models). 

All of this discussion simply to clarify your original comment that phone chargers will charge the Clip player faster than a PC will . . . .

Great–and as I pointed out earlier and as you have stated, some PCs in fact have USB (power)ports providing more than 500mA of power, potentially making them faster  to charge a Clip than a 500mA phone charger.   Smiley Wink    If one is going for a charge alone, no need to use a PC USB data port with its lower power rating, if one wants the fastet speed to charge.

Even if comparing a “regular” PC 500mA USB port to a 500mA phone charger, I doubt that there is any significant difference for the average user in the charging time due to the Clip display being on when charging via the PC, especially when one considers that the Clip display turns off after a short period of time, when being charged (I don’t recall if this feature is specific to particular Clip models). 

All of this discussion simply to clarify your original comment that phone chargers will charge the Clip player faster than a PC will . . . .

Great–and as I pointed out earlier and as you have stated, some PCs in fact have USB (power)ports providing more than 500mA of power, potentially making them faster to charge a Clip than a 500mA phone charger. Smiley Wink If one is going for a charge alone, no need to use a PC USB data port with its lower power rating, if one wants the fastest speed to charge. Even if comparing a “regular” PC 500mA USB port to a 500mA phone charger, I doubt that there is any significant difference for the average user in the charging time due to the Clip display being on when charging via the PC, especially when one considers that the Clip display turns off after a short period of time, when being charged (I don’t recall if this feature is specific to particular Clip models). All of this discussion simply to clarify your original comment that phone chargers will charge the Clip player faster than a PC will . . . .

Great–and as I pointed out earlier and as you have stated, some PCs in fact have USB (power)ports providing more than 500mA of power, potentially making them faster  to charge a Clip than a 500mA phone charger.   Smiley Wink    If one is going for a charge alone, no need to use a PC USB data port with its lower power rating, if one wants the fastest speed to charge.