Hangs on file transfer

I recently bought a Sansa Clip Sport.

When I attempted to delete the stock songs from it from the computer, it displayed a bunch of very weird files/folders all within the music folder. After this, I couldn’t transfer anything to it.

I tried a soft reboot, then a factory reset and the files disappeared and the folder is now empty. Firmware came stock 1.38

Now, whenever I try to transfer an .mp3 into the folder, it hangs and my computer stops detecting the device during the transfer. The song ends up transferring but I can only do one at a time this way. Some smaller .mp3 files seem to transfer okay, but not larger ones.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A few questions for you:

1. Using a PC or Mac?

2. Using the original micro USB cable?

3. Using copy/paste or a media manager software?

1 Like
  1. Using a PC or Mac?

Am using a PC.

1. Using the original micro USB cable?

Am using original cable.

1. Using copy/paste or a media manager software?

Am using copy/paste - both copy/paste and drag/drop.

Thanks!

Ok, here is one idea for you to try.

Connect your Clip Sport to your PC. Then use Win File Explorer to view the directory of your Clip Sport.

(Verify your player has all the required files & folders. See my attached picture.)

Right Click on “Clip Sport”, then Left click on “Properties” Then Left click on “Tools” and then Left click on “Check”.  

Then Left click on “Scan and Repair Drive”

Whenever I complete a file management session with my Clip Sport I always use the Eject command (available from the Right click Menu).

ClipSportRoot.JPG

1 Like

Hello,

It is still hanging on larger files.

The error I get is:

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in G:. Verify the item’s location and try again.

Music

Type: File Folder

The device automatically stops getting recognized after it hangs for ~10 seconds.

I just wanted to report that after trying a different USB port (back as opposed to front) all file transfers are working now. I should have thought to try this before.

I’m sorry to have wasted your time, if it is any consolation the sound quality on this is exponentially better than my previous (Borne brand) players (went through 3 of them within 3 months); my goodness what a difference! It’s too bad SD stopped making the Clip+ though.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting back here with your excellent solution.