Glitched screen - Can't play music

Hi everyone. I’m having this weird issue on my Sansa Clip Sport and I couldn’t find information about this anywhere.

The MP3 was working just fine yesterday, but today I wanted to start it and I found this:

1.jpg

That green square follows me everywhere. I can cycle thru the main menu items, but as soon as I try to enter any music folder (Music or SD card sections), it freezes completely and I have to restart it, so I can’t play any music.

The green square appears only in the menu. It doesn’t appear, for example, during the SanDisk logo when booting.

What can I do? :frowning:

Thanks.

Have you tried resetting it?

If that doesn’t help, you can also try manually re-installing the firmware. Formatting is the 3rd option. Note that formatting will erase any files (music, sudiobooks, etc.)  that you have on it, so you would have to re-transfer those afterwards.

There’s really nothing else you can do. If none of these 3 options work, then I suggest calling/contacting SanDisk about a possible warranty replacement.

You mean resetting by keeping the main button pressed around 30 seconds? It reboots the the Mp3 but the problem is still there.

Or you mean something like “factory reset”? If that’s the case, I don’t know how to do it.

I’ll try updating the firmware. Thanks.

@soaliar wrote:

You mean resetting by keeping the main button pressed around 30 seconds? It reboots the the Mp3 but the problem is still there.

Yes.

@soaliar wrote:

Or you mean something like “factory reset”? If that’s the case, I don’t know how to do it.

No. All that does is reset your personal settings.

@soaliar wrote:

I’ll try updating the firmware. Thanks.

Good. Let us know what happens. :smiley:

I’m sorry I didn’t reply earlier, but to let everyone know: it fixed after I upgraded the firmware. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot to everyone.