Freezing while transferring

My player will not allow me to put any files on it. Every time I drag and drop a file on it, it says transferring and then freezes. I cannot add anything to it. Any suggestions?

Maybe try to find and repair a possible file system error. 

Take a look at this website. (For Win 8 and Win10)

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-error-checking-windows-8

Maybe your player has a simple & easily repaired File Table error. 

Take a look at this website for instructions. (Same advice will work on Win 10)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Other possibilities:

–  Format the player under its System settings–this can fix issues.  Note that this will erase all user content on the player–cooy to your PC anything you want to save first.

–  You might try reapplying the latest firmware–glitches can develop over time.  See the firmware sticky thread at the top of this forum for the firmware and instructions.

1 Like

Ill try this.

@dfeld2005 wrote:

Maybe your player has a simple & easily repaired File Table error. 

Take a look at this website for instructions. (Same advice will work on Win 10)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Ill try this.

@miikerman wrote:

Other possibilities:

–  Format the player under its System settings–this can fix issues.  Note that this will erase all user content on the player–cooy to your PC anything you want to save first.

–  You might try reapplying the latest firmware–glitches can develop over time.  See the firmware sticky thread at the top of this forum for the firmware and instructions.

Im worried about doing this because it has music on it now and it does work. Just cant add anything to it. If this doesn’t work, Ill be left with a paperweight. Gonna use this as a last resort.

Are you sure that the card or some folders in it have not been set to write protected? Windows sometimes has the bad habit of doing things like this on its own. Have you tried using a different usb cable and a different usb port? Are you sure the usb cable is fully inserted into the player?

@mistavipa wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Other possibilities:

Im worried about doing this because it has music on it now and it does work. Just cant add anything to it. If this doesn’t work, Ill be left with a paperweight. Gonna use this as a last resort.

Understood.  Note that while formatting will erase the user content, reapplying the firmware will not.

@miikerman wrote:

Other possibilities:

I was hesitant to try this due to it possibly not working at all after. I went ahead and tried anyway and it works great. I formatted it and then upgraded the firmware and it transfers fine now. Thanks!