Empty Playlist

I am having trouble creating a playlist in the clip sport.  I have followed the directions exactly, several times.  Tried everything I could, including searching the forums, online in general, contacting sandisk (no help whatsoever).  I really liked my last clipzip, unfortunately the connection is now loose to the headphones, so I got a new one. 

I like the other features of this, and unfortunately waited too long and I can’t return it.  I’m hoping someone can help me transfer playlists (other than the built-in ones).  I am in no way over the song limit, I have no special characters anywhere in the names.  Not really sure what else to do.

Thanks.  Giving it one more shot before I give up and toss it in the trash and say goodbye forever to sandisk.

@akua456 wrote:

I am having trouble creating a playlist in the clip sport.  I have followed the directions exactly, several times.  

What directions? Can you post a link to them?

Thanks for the response, I actually figured out a way around it, via someone’s answer to a question on this board.  It wasn’t exactly my question, but led me to the way around it.

Thanks.

Congratulations. Care to share what you found that worked so others in the future who are searching for the same answer can benefit?

My best guess is that he hit the end-of-line problem that so many encountered. It’s really a shame that the Clip Sport only accepts the old-fashioned CR+LF (DOS/Windows) end-of-lines. :frowning:

It’s quite unlikely that a regular user would even suspect this kind of “requirement” regarding playlists. Most people (who own and use a Mac or even a Linux PC) don’t even know about the various end-of-lines of text files.

Would it really be so hard to support all three EOLs (CR, CR+LF, LF)? :-o

1 Like