Re: Deinstitutionalized player w/ lost track numbers

OK I think I understand what you are trying to say.   I'm going to copy all of the corrected songs from my usb drive back onto the MP3 player in the music folder.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again 

Well I don't know what I have done wrong but I copied all of the songs to the usb then used the tag editor to put them in track order.  I saved this then closed everything and then went back and it was in track number order.  So I erased everything off the MP3 player and copied the edited songs to the MP3 player.  When this was all done and the MP3 player updated believe it or not the songs were still in alphabetical order.  

So I still need help.   What did I do wrong?   

Everyone have  a Happy New Year!

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

And so, just a blind leap:  how are you viewing and playing the songs--under what menu on the player are you doing this?  Are you playing the songs under the albums selection under Music?  Or are you playing the songs under the folders selection under Muisc?  If the former, it should be playing the songs in track order; if the latter, in alpha/no. order. 

And when you wrote that you put the songs in track order under MP3Tag, you mean that you actually edited/changed the numbers under the Track no. column, right? 

Ok no even under Artist and album selection the songs are still in alphabetical order.  

When I import the songs off of the MP3 player into tag editor the track numbers are there and are correct so I have never edited them just used the tag editor to arrange them in track number order.  But the track numbers were already there so my question is why doesn't the MP3 player use this info to put them in the correct order.

To me it seems that the MP3 player is set for alphabetical order not track number order.  I have had no luck in finding a way to select a way to change this in the MP3 player itself.  

Ok, I have found all of the  song files that I copied over to the MP3 player under the folder screen then under the internal memory then under music.  These song files are all in the correct order and are by track number,  so why when I go into the music screen and then under the artist or album screen are they not in track number order.

So now that I've found the folder selection I can listen to my songs in the correct order so I appreciate that but am still curious why they are not in the track number order under artist or album.  

Thank you for all of your help.   

SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

I like to use 2-digit track numbers in my ID3 tags like this: 01  02  03

This style does not work for me:  1/12  2/12.    Also this does not work for me:  01/12  02/12 etc

And I use  ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tag style.  I delete all other tag metadata from my MP3 files. (v2.1, Ape, etc)