Continuous Album Play

Just picked up a new Sansa Sport and am wondering how to set it up to play the next album on the list when the current one is completed.  I have an older one that I could just go to album and play one and let it go from that to the next to the next.  I could turn it off and then next time I would turn it on it would pick up where it left off.  The new one plays one album and stops.  When I go for a motorcycle ride I like to listen to music and can’t stop just to fiddle with the player to start a new album.  I don’t wan to have to fiddle when I’m driving a car either.

I’m afraid the Clip Sport doesn’t support the continuous playback of all the albums you load onto it. :frowning: It only provides shuffled playback for the entire song collection, which is not what you (and many other users/owners) want.

So far the only way I’ve found to work around this is to create a playlist (a *.m3u file) with all the songs added to it and start playback from that list. Of course this also means that you always have to start from the beginning of this playlist … you cannot just pick an album and start from there.

The Clip Sport is very limited featurewise. Let’s hope that future firmware updates will improve on the many shortcomings the device currently has. :-o

P.S.: of course if SanDisk decided to open-source the firmware, the developer community could do a lot better than the few devs that are working on the firmware of a specific model (I guess there’s only one dev supporting an already released device which makes bug fixes and missing features very slow to arrive).

@muzso wrote:

The Clip Sport is very limited featurewise. Let’s hope that future firmware updates will improve on the many shortcomings the device currently has. :-o

For a more full-featured Clip, one should consider the Clip+ or Clip Zip.  It is unlikely that the Sport will gain further features or firmware improvements in the future, due to hardware technology limitations and/or otherwise.

1 Like

I’ve had several Sandisk MP3 players but I’ve very disappointed in this Clip Sport. The fact that you can’t hit a playall option is terrible. Why can’t this be fixed? While driving one can’t be messing the buttons to go to the next album.

Engineering limitations and decisions . . . .  For a more full-featured player, pick up a Clip+ or Clip Zip . . . .

I hate that this feature is missing also. I use to have a Sansa clip and it had it. It was a much easier device to operate. They stopped making it. Had to go to this one.