SanDisk Guru

Re: Combining MIcro SD Card and Internal Memory

While the Clip Sport might not be for everyone, at it price point, size, and battery life, it does provide a unique set of charachteristics. Yes, many who are used to a Rockboxed Clip+ or Rockboxed Clip Zip, were hoping the Sport would be like those but with longer battery life and a larger screen. I guess we are spoiled by how great the Rockboxed Clip+ and Clip Zip are, with the exception of their short battery life. If only we could get a Rockboxable player the size of the Clip Sport with all the capabilities of a Rockboxed Clip Zip, and 25+(hopefully even 40+) hours of battery life.

SanDisk Fanatic

JaZZ wrote:

JK98 wrote:

Jazz-You have managed to get a playlist to work on the Clip Sport that has songs from both internal and card memory????? How did you accomplish that?

No, not really. I have mixed it up with my success to avoid the file limit and nevertheless have shuffle play. In fact I use just the card for the playlist. So ignore my suggestion. Sorry for the confusion!

I have to correct myself again. In fact it works: You can combine music files from both memories in a playlist and the Sport plays them all. I have no idea why my first try yesterday hasn't succeeded: The playlist just displayed the songs on the internal memory then. This in contrast to my second try today with my second Sport. So good new for the thread starter. Make sure to save the playlists on the root directory – no matter if internal or external.

there are plenty of other products out there for less than $50 bucks (i found several for less than $20) that don't have the limitations of the sport . i don't know why you are tooting the horn of the sport when it is a piece of **bleep** player, unless you work for sandisk.  this thing is junk, plain and simple.  the worst sandisk product out there.  there is no reason to have to deal with the limitations of this product when there are plenty of other options at a comparable price.  to say it is good value for the money is NOT an accurate statement.  i think you are trying tocompare apples to oranges at the benefit of no one BUT sandisk.  i hope you enjoy your employee bonus

SanDisk Guru

kipndana wrote:

there are plenty of other products out there for less than $50 bucks (i found several for less than $20) that don't have the limitations of the sport . i don't know why you are tooting the horn of the sport when it is a piece of **bleep** player, unless you work for sandisk.  this thing is junk, plain and simple.  the worst sandisk product out there.  there is no reason to have to deal with the limitations of this product when there are plenty of other options at a comparable price.  to say it is good value for the money is NOT an accurate statement.  i think you are trying tocompare apples to oranges at the benefit of no one BUT sandisk.  i hope you enjoy your employee bonus

Wow.  Civility in a forum can be a good thing, even from a new poster currently with 4 posts.  And no, JK98 does not work for SanDisk, he just has his own opinion as to the player's worth. 

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

" i think you are trying tocompare apples to oranges at the benefit of no one BUT sandisk.  i hope you enjoy your employee bonus"

I am not a Sandisk employee, and don't own shares of the company's stock. As for other products around the same price, they are either larger and heavier such as phones, lack a card slot, or are generic players that have poor quality firmware(and perhaps also pooor quality hardware).

Sandisk players are not oranges.

as do i.  i believe that he attempted to discredit my opinion, not vice versa, and you come to his defense?  just because i am new to this site does not mean that i am new to this world or to sandisk products "old timer".  you were a "newbie" at some point in time too, weren't you?

SanDisk Fanatic

kipndana wrote:

as do i.  i believe that he attempted to discredit my opinion, not vice versa, and you come to his defense?  just because i am new to this site does not mean that i am new to this world or to sandisk products "old timer".  you were a "newbie" at some point in time too, weren't you?

In my book you're discrediting yourself with your absolutist attitude. SanDisk players and the Sport in particular offer the best sound quality in this price class in my experience. That's of a certain value to me. The workaround needed for the Sport is an initial effort, after that you can enjoy the player unrestrictedly.

i want something that works and that is an absolutist attitude?  wow!  just because i expect products to work properly does not make me an "absolutist"  i think i'll stay away from your book.

SanDisk Fanatic

kipndana wrote:

i want something that works and that is an absolutist attitude?  wow!  just because i expect products to work properly does not make me an "absolutist"  i think i'll stay away from your book.

Best for you to stay away from SanDisk players or the Sport. But you won't convince me that I have bought the wrong player and that the Sport is of no use for everyone, just because you can't get along with it. That said, I'm not defending its weaknesses, but it's still a player that serves my needs and those of many others with just some minor technical insight.

SanDisk Guru

All products have their limitations. If you are not happy with the limitations of a product, then don't buy it.