Combining MIcro SD Card and Internal Memory

@kipndana wrote:

there are plenty of other products out there for less than $50 bucks (i found several for less than $20) that don’t have the limitations of the sport . i don’t know why you are tooting the horn of the sport when it is a piece of **bleep** player, unless you work for sandisk.  this thing is junk, plain and simple.  the worst sandisk product out there.  there is no reason to have to deal with the limitations of this product when there are plenty of other options at a comparable price.  to say it is good value for the money is NOT an accurate statement.  i think you are trying tocompare apples to oranges at the benefit of no one BUT sandisk.  i hope you enjoy your employee bonus

Wow.  Civility in a forum can be a good thing, even from a new poster currently with 4 posts.  And no, JK98 does not work for SanDisk, he just has his own opinion as to the player’s worth. 

" i think you are trying tocompare apples to oranges at the benefit of no one BUT sandisk.  i hope you enjoy your employee bonus"

I am not a Sandisk employee, and don’t own shares of the company’s stock. As for other products around the same price, they are either larger and heavier such as phones, lack a card slot, or are generic players that have poor quality firmware(and perhaps also pooor quality hardware).

Sandisk players are not oranges.

as do i.  i believe that he attempted to discredit my opinion, not vice versa, and you come to his defense?  just because i am new to this site does not mean that i am new to this world or to sandisk products “old timer”.  you were a “newbie” at some point in time too, weren’t you?

@kipndana wrote:

as do i.  i believe that he attempted to discredit my opinion, not vice versa, and you come to his defense?  just because i am new to this site does not mean that i am new to this world or to sandisk products “old timer”.  you were a “newbie” at some point in time too, weren’t you?

In my book you’re discrediting yourself with your absolutist attitude. SanDisk players and the Sport in particular offer the best sound quality in this price class in my experience. That’s of a certain value to me. The workaround needed for the Sport is an initial effort, after that you can enjoy the player unrestrictedly.

i want something that works and that is an absolutist attitude?  wow!  just because i expect products to work properly does not make me an “absolutist”  i think i’ll stay away from your book.

@kipndana wrote:

i want something that works and that is an absolutist attitude?  wow!  just because i expect products to work properly does not make me an “absolutist”  i think i’ll stay away from your book.

Best for you to stay away from SanDisk players or the Sport. But you won’t convince me that I have bought the wrong player and that the Sport is of no use for everyone, just because you can’t get along with it. That said, I’m not defending its weaknesses, but it’s still a player that serves my needs and those of many others with just some minor technical insight.

All products have their limitations. If you are not happy with the limitations of a product, then don’t buy it.

Thank you everyone for your response.  

I did some research and it seems that you can only create a playlist with songs that are in the same folder.  Can you be more specific JaZZ on how you can include both the micro sd card and internal memory in one playlist?

Thanks.

@kj177 wrote:

Thank you everyone for your response.  

I did some research and it seems that you can only create a playlist with songs that are in the same folder.  Can you be more specific JaZZ on how you can include both the micro sd card and internal memory in one playlist?

Thanks.

What you’ve read («you can only create a playlist with songs that are in the same folder») is not true.

Connect the Sport to the computer (Windows!), open foobar2000 (or Winamp or any other appropriate music player), drag and drop the desired music files (or folders containing them or the whole Music folder[s]) from the Sport to foobar’s playlist editor, under «File» save playlist as m3u to the root folder of either the internal memory or the card of the Sport, name it to your liking. That’s it.

It’s important to save the playlist to the Sport. Saving it on your computer and copying it to the Sport won’t work.

@kipndana wrote:

Great that you have your own opinion.  But that doesn’t mean that others who have different opinions are wrong (nor, of course, are yours)–they’re just different, perhaps based on different needs.  Nor does it mean that people with opinions different from you must be working for SanDisk, as you stated derogatorally as to one person and opinion above.  

Thanks JaZZ for the quick response.

Can I use Windows Media Player to create a playlist for my player?  I never heard of Foobar before.

@kj177 wrote:

Thanks JaZZ for the quick response.

Can I use Windows Media Player to create a playlist for my player?  I never heard of Foobar before.

I guess it should work, but I don’t use it, so can’t say for sure.

Just in case: foobar2000

Well, I downloaded Foobar, and when I try to save all the songs to my playlist, it only has the songs that are in the folder that I save the playlist to.

For example:  I save the playlist under my micro sd card, only the songs that are on the micro sd card show up on the playlist.  If I put the playlist on the internal memory, only songs from the internal memory show up.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

@kj177 wrote:

Well, I downloaded Foobar, and when I try to save all the songs to my playlist, it only has the songs that are in the folder that I save the playlist to.

For example:  I save the playlist under my micro sd card, only the songs that are on the micro sd card show up on the playlist.  If I put the playlist on the internal memory, only songs from the internal memory show up.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

When you’re speaking of «folders», do you mean a folder on the respective drive or the root directory? It should be saved to the root directory. If you have done that, then I have no explanation for the failure. As reported in an earlier post, I got this result as well with my first try, but the second test was successful. Maybe just repeat it, by leaving the first playlist where it is – as that’s what I did in my successful try. I guess the Sport is a capricious fellow.

It deosn’t want to work for me for whatever reason.  I tried more than twice.  It keeps on only using songs from the folder that I save the .m3u file to, not both internal and micro sd card.

Thanks everyone for your help anyways.

@kj177 wrote:

It deosn’t want to work for me for whatever reason.  I tried more than twice.  It keeps on only using songs from the folder that I save the .m3u file to, not both internal and micro sd card.

Thanks everyone for your help anyways.

I’m sorry that it doesn’t work out for you. I’m halfways in the same situation, as it just works in one of my players. Interestingly it’s not dependent on the player, but on the card. This although it’s the same 64 GB SanDisk card both times. When I swap the cards, the player with the «right» card shows the full content of the original playlist and plays all files, a mix from both internal and external memory. The player with the «wrong» card just (dis)plays the songs contained in its respective memory.

The two cards are organized differently: The «right» one has a normal folder structure, the «wrong» one has just the Music folder with all songs in it (this to enable shuffle play in folder mode). It makes player reactions slow, but I can’t see a correlation between this feature and the playlist handling.

Anyone has an explanation? SanDisk? :smileyvery-happy:

32GB MicroSD HC

Ansambla, I don’t understand the first part of your message. I have stored the same playlist on both memories and could access it through both Music and Card mode – with the reported mixed results.

At the time when the user manual was created, 32 GB SDHC cards were the maximum. But as reported by others, too, 64 and 128 GB SDXC cards work fine in the Sport. And there’s no reason for a player to react differently with the same card due to the size as in my case. Also, KJ177 is unable to get a playlist with songs from internal and external memory as well with an 8 GB card.

Hey there!

I need help. Normally, when you connect sandisk clip+ to the laptop, it (the sandisk) says “connecting” with the player logo and the laptop logo. Now, it doesnt even show that. It is not able to detect the computer itself.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

You posted your question in the Clip Sport section but your question asks about the Clip+.

When I was having a problem with my Clip Sport, I could get it to connect with my PC after ejecting the micro SD card and holding down on the power button for 20-25 secs, using the original micro USB cable.