ClipSport 1.29 Audible manager activation fails with 'Connecting to internet....' (Windows 10)

Creating a new thread since I’m observing this with a new FW version. 

Support were good enough to provide me with a link to the 1.29 HEX file, which I installed. However, it does not resolve the issue. 

Audible Manager still fails to activate the device. 

Have tried: 

• Assigning drive letter ‘B’
  • (Can’t retry assigning drive letter ‘I’ because it’s not available)
  • Reinstalling Audible Manager
  • Activating with Audible Download Manager. (Returns error ‘Internal service error has occurred while processing the request, please contact service admin.’)

Drive letters A and B are typically reserved for floppy drives and C for the system disk. This could be causing an issue for you. Also if you are using a card in the player the internal memory will need to have a drive letter that comes before the drive letter for the card. If the card is the first drive letter it will not work. 

“(Returns error ‘Internal service error has occurred while processing the request, please contact service admin.’)”

This error seems to be activation server related. For this you may need to contact audible support. 

Setting the drive letter to ‘B:’ is widely given as a solution for this issue on this and other forums. The failure mode was identical before the drive letter was changed. (Setting it to ‘I:’ is another commonly-given solution, but unfortunately I don’t have that option because of some earlier troubleshooting.) I’ll take one more shot trying a few other drive letters when I’m home, later. 

There is no internal card. 

I’ve contacted Audible separately. They just ignore the problem description and tell me to upgrade the latest SanDisk firmware. I’m gradually reaching the conclusion that the only solution is to bypass the DRM (there are legal ways to do that, but it’s a pain & costs money). 

Hi escoles

Can you please tell us if the FW 1.29 is still accepting 4 000 songs, and if genre sorting is present?

I used the FW 1.28 beta, which was fine (didn’t notice bugs), even i miss really the genre sorting.

just for info, then,

thanks

T

Where you found Firmware 1.29

@thurstonmore wrote:

Hi escoles

Can you please tell us if the FW 1.29 is still accepting 4 000 songs,

T

no 1.29 is the same as the official release which is 2000 files. 1.28 was a beta and it seem the beta is now closed. 

@ansambla wrote:

Where you found Firmware 1.29

1.29 is a FW to fix a specific Audible detection issue. It has not been officially released. If you have an issue with audible manager detecting the sport contact sandisk support and they can provide instructions for updating to 1.29. If you do not have an audible manager detection issue there is no reason to upgrade to 1.29

Just contact customer service and request to clear your activate PC/devices. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem and getting NO help from either SanDisk or Audible support.  I’ve installed the 1.29 firmware upgrade, tried changing the drive letters etc.  Very frustrating, I’m pretty much ready to just return the device.

I’m having exactly this same problem. Very frustrated. Any help available out there? 

Did this; didn’t work.