ClipSport 1.27 Audible manager activation

Hi

I’ve just got a Sansa Clipsport having had a fuze in the past.

The clipsport is visible fine in the file manager of the laptop ( windows 8 ). I can happily go through the filesystem and add/remove files to it. I can download audible files to my local harddrive and see  & play then ok in the audible manager as well as moving them to the internal / external memory of the clipsport. The device sees them but wont pla them because the device isn’t activated.

The problem is that the audible manager just won’t see the device when it’s plugged in. I’ve downloaded the sandisk digital players component and installed ok. It just says ‘Sandisk players is not connected’ and to make sure the device is connected. It is.

Any suggestions on what to do other than send it back and get a different make?

Tried everything. Changing drive paths, running as administrator or not, uninstalling & installing audible manager/upoader etc

Windows 8 / Clipsport 1.27.

Thanks.

The problem is that the audible manager just won’t see the device when it’s plugged in. I’ve downloaded the sandisk digital players component and installed ok. It just says ‘Sandisk players is not connected’ and to make sure the device is connected. It is.

Any suggestions on what to do other than send it back and get a different make?

You need to activate the device through Audible Manager. If that doesn’t work, try calling Audible. There is a limit to the number of Audible activated devices you can maintain at any one time. I’ve found that device deactivation is less reliable. You may other, older devices still active.

One other possible issue is the drive letter assigned to the Clip Sport. Audible support can walk through the process for reassigning drive letters. 

Yes I know I need to activate it through Audible Manager, that’s what’s not working hence the subject.

Tried the drive change, to both B and I. Neither work. Doesn’t work on the Sport/Zip apparently.

Only one device, so not an issue.

Audible worked remotely on my PC without success.

Apparently it’s a firmware issue that Sandisk are working on.

We’ll see how long…

contact sandisk support. they have a FW they can provide you that will resolve the audible manager detection issue. full FW public release should be coming soon. 

Hi

Got this today after contacting Audible last week

Hello Valued Audible Customer,

Thank you for contacting Audible!

You recently contacted Audible regarding your SanDisk Clip Sport not being recognized by AudibleManager. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. SanDisk has released a firmware version that fixes this issue. You will need to contact SanDisk directly in order to update your Clip Sport.

The following link will allow you to email or chat with SanDisk’s customer care agents to walk you through upgrading the firmware on your device.

http://kb.sandisk.com/

Alternatively, you can contact SanDisk Customer Care directly here: https://www.sandisk.com/about/contact/customer-care.

Thank you again for contacting Audible. If you would like additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
The Audible Technical Support Team

In my case, the 1.29 firmware does NOT resolve this issue.