Clip sport doesn't turn on except while being charged

Hi,

I have a problem with my Clip Sport.

For the first few months of using it the device was working properly, so I could enjoy great music while running.

After some time it started to make a reset on its own. Then I started to have a problem with turning it on. The mp3 was working mainly when it was connected to some power source, from time to time after disconnecting it was also working (15 % of cases). Lately it doesn’t want to turn on at all, only when its connected. Basically it does not work at all. All the time I can see the screen “charging” and that’s it. I can’t move to menu, I can’t do anything.

I have tried to do the format (didn’t help), I’ve installed new firmware 1.38, but it also didn’t work, and my mp3 player can be used only as a file storage.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip sport doesn't turn on except while being charged

Contact SanDisk Support about a possible warranty replacement.

SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Clip sport doesn't turn on except while being charged

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing some of your problems with my 18 month old Clip Sport. My problems seem to occur whenever I turn off the player manually with the On/Off/Select button.

I can usually manage to get my Clip Sport started by pressing down on the On/Off/Select button for ~20 secs and then let go. Then it displays the normal SanDisk start up logo. (Start-up does not occur if I keep pressing the button.)

My player functions almost normally when I allow it to turn itself off using the Power Saver feature (5 min of inactivity), or when I use the Sleep feature.  These settings are available in the Settings -> System Settings menu.