SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip Sport Songs Order & Album Mix-ups

Soon, presumably.

In the upcoming firmware update, will you be able to arrange the order or songs by FILE NAME? See @ LoneCat's earlier reply in this thread "Green Day - American Idiot - 04 - Boulevard of Broken Dreams.mp3" etc..  I (and most people that I know) arrange music by FILE NAME and not by tags or whatever that's about.

I tried playing around with playlists in windows media player but nothing seems to be arranging the songs by FILE NAME when I try playing it in the clip sport.

I hope the lock feature will be in the firmware update, as well as to be able to sort by file name! Any word?

~~~~~SOLUTION TO TRACK ORDER PROBLEM~~~~~

I have been using this FREE program for awhile to edit my mp3 tags, and did a quick search and found you can use it to quickly solve the track ordering problem. It is called Mp3tag.

All you have to do is open the directory with all of your albums you want fixed in it, and then select all the files, then click Convert, then Tag-Tag. Then on the format string put:     $num(%track%,2) %title%

Then hit OK and you are good to go :-)

This is not a final solution for the most people but a temporary work around. What if you want to change to another mp3 player or you already have a second one or a mobile phone and you regularly transfer your mp3s from the Clip Sport to that and reverse. It's all heck of a workload just because of this stupid bug, Sansa doesn't care.

SanDisk Guru

Andy2014 wrote:

This is not a final solution for the most people but a temporary work around. What if you want to change to another mp3 player or you already have a second one or a mobile phone and you regularly transfer your mp3s from the Clip Sport to that and reverse. It's all heck of a workload just because of this stupid bug, Sansa doesn't care.

It's working on the firmware update . . . .

I confirm that running the firmware update 1.17 resolves the issue. It was easy to follow the Manual Update instructions on my gentoo linux system running kernel 3.12.5. Thank you very much for the fix; I was just starting to look for the receipt when I found this.

Hm, so far in testing .mp3 and .m4a files this issue is fixed as I said before in the new firmware. However, .flac file metadata and filenames are still ignored, and the album view sorts alphabetically.  The .flac files I'm tesitng with do contain track number metadata and the filenames start with the track number.

ARTIST=Josh Abrams

ALBUM=Natural Information      
YEAR=2010
TRACK=1.
TITLE=Mysterious Delirious Fluke of the Beyond

In the album view on the Clip Sport, that track would play last because of its position from the title places it thus.

I recommend SanDisk QA test with ogg vorbis and all other supported file formats to ensure track number information is processed correctly.

Please let us know if this can be corrected in firmware 1.18, and an estimate of when that'll be available. Smiley Happy

Hi.

I am new Clip Sport user.

It seems that 1.17 firmware works with flac files encoded with new versions of libFlac.

Today I've noticed that some of my flac files are ok(correct order in folder view and visible artist and album tags) and some are not.

I checked what's different with them and it seems that my old files encoded with 1.1 flac encoder are not working.

Files encoded with 1.3 DO work.

Reencoding with foobar2000 with newest flac encoder fixed older files.

I've tried firmware 1.17 an 1.18 an 80 percent of my albums songs are still in alphabetical

and not in the order they are meant to be in. This isn't a ploblem with my older sansa clips,

maybe they should look at the firmware on these devices and fix this ploblem. I stil

have two weeks to return my sandisk sport clip for a full refund so please fix this.

I haven't purchased this yet but I have a question.  I do not browse by any ID3 tags, It has never quite worked right for me on any MP3 player.  So is everything sorted correctly when browsing by folders?  I mean like " 01 - track1 , 02 - track 2" and so on?  How about on the previous and the updated firmware?