SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip Sport Songs Order & Album Mix-ups

I have mine set up with folders by artist, strictly as a shuffle player now. Each folder I went through the artists' albums and only chose the good songs, so now there are 613 songs (5.09GB) and I used it as a shuffle all player at work tonight and it was quite nice, I must say. 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Eagerly awaiting a fix for this problem. Can't sort by track # and can't update the device with the firmware updater. Pretty lame until this is fixed. Smiley Sad

Serious question because I don't know how previous versions of Sansa players worked:  If you sorted on Track #, did you have a secondary sort order, or was track # order done AFTER album title order, or something?  Several people have suggested that sorting by track # is what is missing.  It seems to me that if you have several albums in a single folder, and you sort that folder by track # only. you would get all track 1, then all track 2, etc.  Surely, that can't be much of an improvement over alphabetical order by song title.  So what am I missing?

So what am I missing?

The player builds (or should build, since the FLAC tags are not used) a database on the basis of the tags. Thanks to this database, you are able to select easily a specific Album of a specific Artist by using the Music Menu. Unfortunately the album is not played in the correct order.

Ciao,

LoneCat

Track numbers are included with my tunes eg 01 trackname. The older Sansa Clips I've owned such as the original and the Clip+ had no problem with this, ordering the tracks within the album correctly. But for whatever reason the Clip sport doesn't see the track number unless it's in a format like 01- trackname and so it defaults to alphabetical lists. This bug should be easy enough to fix given the older Clips didn't have this problem.

I am seeing the same problem, how can a product make it to the market with such a glaring bug????

SanDisk Guru

temchik wrote:

I am seeing the same problem, how can a product make it to the market with such a glaring bug????

You are not the only one to wonder about this. Smiley Tongue

SanDisk Guru

temchik wrote:

Indeed.......

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

Marvin_Martian wrote:

temchik wrote:

Indeed.......

Wow, Mr. Spock is looking a bit jaundiced in that picture. Or maybe it's just his green blood boiling? Smiley Tongue

I was thinking about buying the SanDisk Clip Zip Sport but after reading this thread and others (Internet can be great if used) I am going to wait, buy another or just don't buy anything.

Please someone post here whenever this bug is fixed. The more people read (but don't buy) the more pressure on Sansa.